Part 10 | A lost secret

Ten days later...

The group has been wondering for a long time now, they visited countless Villages to re-supply and rest. Rains curse had only gotten worse during that time and Abigail is worried that they might not make it in time. "I can't lose him, why would I be granted this chance. If the only thing I have left from my past fades away." She thought to herself while wandering next to Rain. One look at him and you could see he wasn't feeling well. The color of his Skin turned darker by the hour, and it even came visible through his clothes. "This must be so painful for him to endure." Abigail was thinking to herself while looking at Rain.

"I'm..I'm fine Abigail, stop worrying about me." Rain said as he did so many times before in this journey. In a rather weak-sounding voice, he is exhausted. Every move hurts and he doesn't want Abigail to worry even more about him. She already has enough on her mind.

"Urgh this idiot trying to play the strong one. Abigail clearly isn't falling for this blatant lie." Stella thought to herself.

The group arrived at a river, they crafted a boat and continued the river. "At least Rain doesn't need to walk for the time." Abigail thought to herself while the boat was shaking. She looked at the water and the small waves which came from the boat. It gave her a little easy at mind.

"We should be arriving at our destination soon." Stella said.
"Good, so. Tell me about these Witches." Abigail asked.
"I haven't been there in years, all information I could give to you could be false. I suggest you prepare for anything really." Stell said back.
"I grew up under their protection, I learned their magic. When I left the order and became a Wonderer. I had all ties with them severed. I can only hope they will help us." She continued.
"And what if they don't?" Abigail said worriedly.
Stella would respond in a deep sigh while lowering her head.

Two days of boat travel later they arrived at the shore shortly before the territory of The Coven. Rain had trouble walking by himself. Abigail assisted him by going under his shoulder and helping him stay up.

After 30 minutes of walking they could finally see the Covan, shortly after. Rain collapsed, his other eye turned dark red.

"Rain!" Abigail shouted as she helped him lower to the ground.
"Rain, please. It's just a bit more." Abigail would say as she kneed down next to him.
"I.. I'm sorry Abi..." Rain said as he passed out.
"I'll go get help." Stella said as she ran off to the buildings.
"I... I come with you." Abigail said as she got up.
"No! Stay with rain, I'll be right back." Stella replied while walking off.
"Alright." Abigail said silently as she kneed back down to Rain.

Stella reached the Buildings, but something feels off. It was silent. She looked around and discovered skeletons of people and rotting corpses. Something happened here. Stella checked her surroundings in shock looking for something as she noticed a huge skeleton standing on one of the Buildings, it's eyes were glowing blood red. Stella know this wasn't going to be an Allie as the Skeleton jumped from its high positions onto the ground a few meters away from Stella. The skeleton's bonnie hands ignited with fire.

Stella prepared a defensive spell. Not knowing how to react to this enemy. As the Skeleton charged at her with speed, with one punch it broke Stella's shield, launching her in the air. The bone man then took a tourn and threw a ball of fire onto Stella, the ball exploded on impact further launching Stella in the air. The Skeleton flew behind Stella, punched her to the ground, and then kicked her to the side. Stella landed on the ground, unconscious. The Skeleton slowly approached Stella, It prepared for the final strike as it suddenly shivered, a glowing red peak of a spear could be seen peacing through it's chest, as it was pulled out the Skeleton kneed on the ground holding its chest, behind it was Abigail holding Ruby Thorn in her hand...

"You will not be the one to take this from me." She said as she charged towards it. The Skeleton turned around charging at her, the two engaged in a fight. Abigail blocked a punch from the Skeleton as she hit the Skeletons chest, she then tried to strike a second time but the Bone man avoided her spear by jumping back then charging forward grabbing her and dragging her in the sky. There he threw Abigail against the edge of a building and shortly after blasted a fireball after her, the explosion causes her to fall to the ground.

"Hahahahaha, even the mighty Nether Princess is no match for me. Killing you will bring me the honor and respect that I deserve. I am Infernus, your Blazing Doom." The Skeleton said mockingly.

At this moment three swords would run through Infernius's body. Frozen in place a heavy energy beam was launched at the Skeleton causing Infernus to be knocked back. As Stella prepared her next move Infernius threw a fireball at her causing her to be knocked back against a wall, Infernus now charged at her. As last resort, Stella opened a portal to the Nether causing Infernus to fly through it.

"NO!" *Abigail would shout out. As the portal closed down shortly after.

*Stella would grab her head which had fallen off during the fight. She then walked to Abigail and helped her stand up.

"Are you alright Abi?" Stella asked.
"I'm fine, but now they will know." Abigail answered.
"Know what?" Stella asked not knowing what Abigail meant by that.
"They will know that I have survived." Abigail responded.
"Well, maybe it is better this way. You won't need to hide it anymore." Stella tried to comfort Abigail as she grabbed a book from under a body of an old Witch.

"Here it is, let's go back to Rain before it is too late." Stella said as the two started walking back to Rain.