the fiend in me

ινφύρνο

In the heart of the bustling city, amidst the cacophony of voices and the ceaseless rhythm of life, Kurt found himself ensnared in the tendrils of his own inner turmoil The haunting message from Leonna, a ghost from his past, echoed relentlessly in his mind, a reminder of promises unfulfilled and connections left frayed.

With trembling hands, he replayed the voicemail, each word a dagger that pierced his already burdened heart. The desperation in her voice, the raw vulnerability, tore at his soul, unravelling the carefully constructed walls he had erected around his emotions.

The streets stretched out before him, a labyrinth of concrete and steel, yet Kurt walked with purposeless determination, his thoughts consumed by memories long buried beneath layers of regret. Leonna's face flickered in his mind, her laughter a distant echo in the recesses of his memory.

As he navigated the crowded sidewalks, Kurt found himself drawn to the familiar warmth of the bar where he worked. Amidst the swirling chaos of patrons and the relentless clamor of glasses clinking, he sought refuge in the mundane routine of his duties. Yet, even amidst the semblance of normalcy, the specter of Leonna loomed large, a constant reminder of the love he had lost.

Night bled into day as Kurt labored through his shift, the passage of time measured in the steady rhythm of pouring drinks and exchanging pleasantries. With each passing hour, the weight of his guilt grew heavier, a burden he could no longer bear alone.

As dawn painted the sky in hues of pink and gold, Kurt found himself drawn to the solace of the bay, the tranquil waters offering respite from the chaos of the city. Sitting on a weathered bench overlooking the shore, he watched as the first rays of sunlight danced across the horizon, a silent witness to the passage of time.

Amidst the gentle lapping of the waves and the distant cries of seagulls, Kurt's thoughts drifted back to Leonna, their shared history a tapestry of joy and pain woven with threads of regret. With a heavy heart, he whispered his apologies to the wind, a humble plea for forgiveness from the depths of his troubled soul.

And as the morning sun bathed the world in its golden embrace, Kurt closed his eyes, a solitary figure adrift in a sea of memories, grappling with the fiend within him.

~

03-12-21
edited: 02/11/24

ινφύρνο