Chapter 1

_________________

Demora Declante Pov

Soft peaks of frosting, glamorous lights that dazzled like diamonds, this night was perfect, almost too perfect. With my neck aligned with jewelry and flowers I stood beside my soon-to-be husband, Prince Iman.

I was dedicated to this man, faithful and our love was something that I considered sacred.

I had our whole lives planned out, walking hand-in-hand, having a child of our own, and running this kingdom alongside him to the best of my ability.

Only one of those many wishes were made.

"Demora Declante of the Declante Family, you are hereby relinquished of your title, honor, family, engagement, and status."

There I sat in court under false claims and hatred.

Bruises and red hand prints were scattered along my body as people were allowed to publicly harm me, all over on rumor. Just a few hours ago I was at the peak of my life, loved and nurtured, but now I have been betrayed and hated.

The Queen looked down at me with a smirk only the devil could love, while the king payed no attention to the acts that were being committed.

But all I could focus on was the cold eyes of the first prince staring down at me, my lover, my whole heart, looking at me with such malice.

"I never had any relationship with Duke Dwight! I would never-!", there was a forceful kick in my back before I blacked out.

When I awoke I was in the back of a wagon, sitting atop a pile of straw.

A sudden pain raged through my body as my memory slowly came back. I couldn't even hold myself together as I wept and cried, just sitting there in complete mess with my head in-between my knees.

This will be a moment I never forget, a moment that I will hold with me forever.

The day everyone betrayed and left me will stay engraved in my mind until the day I die.

___________________