Chapter 2

____________________

7 years Later

Demora Pov

*thunk*

"Icarus, honey?", I shouted from the kitchen as I could clearly hear a thud from upstairs. I walked upstairs while cleaning a dish in my hand, due to Icarus and his messy habits I clean up more than usual.

I opened the door to see Icarus running around to catch his pet rabbit, Mo.

"What have I told you about all these thumps and loud noises, you must not make so much noise or you will disturb the the tranquility of the house.", I sighed, picking up the little one. His blue eyes that were very vivid and entrancing looked up at me before smiling.

"Mommy can we go to the beach? I want to go swimming.", Icarus excitedly jumped up and down, holding his large floaty. "I'm sorry honey but we have to stay inside for awhile.", I ruffled his hair, watching his smile drop.

"Why? I wanna go to the beach!!", He started to have a temper tantrum from my decline.

"Do you want to leave mommy?", I frowned, watching his eyes widen as he hugged me tightly. "I don't want mommy to leave, ever.", He hugged me tightly.

I've gotten Icarus checked on regularly, he has severe attachment issues, he can't be without me for over 15 minutes without breaking out in cold-sweats, hyperventilating, panicking, and many more symptoms.

When he meets people he doesn't know well he will immediately become hostile and do everything to make us have to go, it's quite embarrassing but gets us out of bad situations.

With his white hair and blue eyes they stand out quite a lot, this brings unwanted attention towards us, mostly because him and I don't look alike as much, only in facial features. Everything else went to his father, who they now call the emperor. I've hated that man ever since that day I was thrown out, and took care of MY child all by MY self.

The reason I'm currently hiding Icarus is because tomorrow is the 7th Birthday of the Crown Prince Ezekiel. After the Prince and I cut ties he married right after to have succession to the thrown, having a child within 8 months and 2 weeks.

Before I heard that he had got married I was going to go show proof that I wasn't sleeping with Duke Dwight, but their marriage brought upon a thought in my mind. That man never loved me like I loved him, marrying right after our separation, he ought to be ashamed that sly son of a bitch!

But I'm glad, I've finally made up enough money to leave this goddamn country and move towards the north where Icarus and I can live a substantial life.

During the 7th Birthday of the Crown Prince their powers will awaken, this is done at the Royal Coronation that lasts 2 days straight with a ball after.

This is celebrated by all regions, so most officials will come to greet and gather and talk about such things while the coronation is taking place.

Once the people see that the Crown Prince is not awakening they will send guards after everyone the Emperor has been with. Usually the first child will stand at the alter and there will be a bright light brought down upon them, showing that God has bestowed the future king in front of the whole kingdom.

This is the biggest and most important event of the year so knowing that it will not happen is quite laughable. I wish I could see their shocked faces and gasps.

That is because God has already bestowed the light upon Icarus.

I can't help but giggle at the thought, their faces filled with shock and confusion, only for them to remember my face.

What goes around comes around quite well.

___________________