Chapter five

Chapter five: It Sucks

Hyperemesis gravidarum.

Yamileth had been told she was suffering from an extreme form of morning sickness, characterized by persistent nausea and vomiting, and associated with poor weight gain.

The condition was the reason she had passed out because she was dehydrated, she's also suffering from electrolyte and acid-base imbalance.

Once she got a diagnosis it was like she couldn't barely keep anything down, she throw up almost every single thing she eat or drink.

She had to be hooked up to fluids.

Marshall arrived at the hospital and was shocked to hear that Yamileth was pregnant as she had taken several pregnancy tests and they all had been negative.

Nonetheless Marshall was happy but also very worried about Yamileth's health.

"Are you okay?" Marshall asked as Yamileth finished throwing up again.

"It should be called all day sickness," Yamileth replied as she wiped her mouth with the small rag.

Marshall frowned. He felt hopeless.

"Is there anything I can do?" Marshall asked his wife.

"No, you just being here is right what I need," Yamileth answered, reassuring him.

Marshall nodded.

"I'm still in shock that I'm pregnant," Yamileth said.

Yamileth didn't associate any changes happening to her body and health with pregnancy as she thought that stress was the reason for her sudden health situation but now she knew that there were different signs that she was pregnant.

"See, I told you it would happen," Marshall said as he rubbed his wife's hand.

"Yes, you did but it just sucks how everything is happening right now," Yamileth said.

"I can't believe you're pregnant. I knew it would take us long to get pregnant," Marshall said.

Yamileth nodded.

"But those negative pregnancy tests really did a number on me though," Yamileth told Marshall.

Marshall leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"I know," Marshall said.

"When should we tell the kids?" Yamileth asked.

"Soon, but first we need to get you discharged from the hospital," Marshall answered.

"Yes," Yamileth said.

Eminem Breaks Record For Most Gold & Platinum Singles In RIAA History

Hot off his performance in the Super Bowl Halftime Show, Eminem has lost himself in heavy metal. No, the Detroit rapper hasn't changed genres — he's the new King of Gold and Platinum Singles.

The RIAA said today that the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope artist has become the No. 1 awarded act for singles in the 64-year history of the Gold & Platinum program. With Tuesday's reveal of 73.5 million new award units, the Oscar winner's career haul now sits at 227.5 million: 166 million single certifications and 61.5 million album certifications. Drake had held the record with 163.5 million. Rihanna is third with 151.5 million. Yamileth is fourth with 148.5 million.

The erstwhile Marshall Mathers also becomes one of only seven artists with three or more Diamond-certified albums for sales of at least 10 million units in the U.S. The others are Garth Brooks (nine), The Beatles (six), Led Zeppelin (five) and Eagles, Shania Twain and Whitney Houston (three each).

"These awards recognize Eminem's unflinching commitment to his craft and the enduring connection he has forged with fans over the last 20 years," RIAA Chairman and CEO Mitch Glazier said in a statement. "Congratulations to Eminem and his entire label team who have set the bar higher than ever."

Eminem broke out his 1999 second album The Slim Shady LP, which featured the classic single "My Name Is," then hit the stratosphere with his 2000 follow-up The Marshall Mathers LP. That disc spawned his pop-breakthrough single "The Real Slim Shady" and the influential track "Stan." "The former today was certified for 7 million units sold, and the latter hit 4 million.

Marshall Mathers began a run of nine consecutive albums to hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200. The Eminem Show (2002) is his best-selling disc at 12 million units, per RIAA. His other Diamond-certified sets are The Marshall Mathers LP (11 million) and the 2005 compilation Curtain Call: The Hits (10 million).

Eminem also won a Best Original Oscar for "Lose Yourself," from the 2002 film 8 Mile, in which he also starred. It was the first hip-hop track to win the Academy Award. The RIAA today certified the song as 13 times platinum; that's tied with his "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna) for the most for any of his singles, followed by 2010's "Not Afraid" (11 million).

Eminem was part of the historic Super Bowl Halftime Show last month that also featured Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar.

"I'm sorry, Yamileth, but we cannot discharge you, from what I saw in your latest test results, I need you to stay at least for a few more days before I can let you leave the hospital," Doctor Barnes told Yamileth.

"Is something wrong?" Yamileth asked Doctor Barnes.

"I need to run more tests on you before I can say,"
Doctor Barnes answered.

Yamileth felt like crying.

Marshall wrapped his arms around his wife to comfort her.

"Thanks, doc," Marshall said, dismissing the Doctor.

Dr. Barnes nods before leaving the hospital room.

"Something is wrong with the baby," Yamileth said.

"We don't know that." Marshall said.

"Then why can't we leave?" Yamileth asked him.

Marshall sighed and squeezed her into a tight hug.

"Just let the doctor figure out what's happening before you freak out, Yamileth," Marshall replied.

Yamileth shook her head and got teary eyed.

"I can't lose my baby, Marshall," Yamileth said.

"And you won't, I promise you," Marshall said.