_ 52 _

'How delightful it must be to be someone's only exception'

Xiao Zhan and Yibo stood in front of the door of the Royal Court Room anxiously. During their walk to the court room their hands somehow found way to each other to seek comfort. Zhan smiled at Yibo who gulped harshly before taking a deep breath. He turned to look at the human and smiled for his sake.

"It's gonna be fine."

Zhan didn't like the way he sounded so unsure yet simply nodded giving his hand a squeeze of reassurance. Zhan blinked in confusion as Yibo's aura took a 180° turn. His eyes shifted into a piercing yet calm gaze and his posture screamed royalty. Zhan was dumbfounded seeing his demeanour which dripped with power as he took measured steps towards the door. The guards immediately bowed and opened the door for him. Never once he turned to look at Xiao Zhan as he continued to walk in followed by the anxious human. For the first time in his life Officer Xiao Zhan was actually scared.

"Good Evening, Father" It actually shocked Xiao Zhan at how calm and collected Yibo was in the face of such a horrendous situation. He could actually feel his heart thudding against his ribcage but there was this certain calmness that settled in him seeing the younger.

"Yibo are you ok?"

"I am fine father"

Zhan felt a heavy stone crushing his heart as he saw how relieved Wang Jian Hao was to see his son safe and sound. The feeling worsened as the elders gaze travelled over to him and changed into a cold gaze which held a hint of hatred. He immediately looked away not being able to bear the eye contact.

"I think we need to talk...alone" There was so much bitterness in his tone as he said the last word and Zhan unconsciously took two steps back. Yibo immediately held his hand and pulled him to stand right beside the Royal Vampire.

"He stays. Say whatever you have to say Emperor Wang." Zhan could feel the tension between the father and the son as Yibo addressed his father with his title.

"Very Well then. Human... Do you wish to stay?" He asked with no interest in Xiao Zhan's opinion. What Xiao Zhan didn't like was his way of addressing him making it look like as if he was some lowlife.

"Yes,I wish to stay" Zhan was surprised by the amount of confidence in his own voice but he stood his ground. His hand felt slippery in Yibo's grasp. Whose hand was sweating? Who was more nervous? He couldn't tell.

"I don't want anything to be kept hidden from you two. You do know that-"

"Father!" "Sir!"

Both the boys said in unison surprising the older who looked at them in utter confusion.

"Um... Uh I know that um if we stay together we might end up hurting each other b-but that doesn't mean that it'll actually happen. It's just a stupid hunch because all the elders think that we will hold a grudge against each other for the mistakes of our past generation. That's not the case. I don't hold anything against Yibo for what happened in the past so you can rest assured." Zhan said in one breath.

'So he thinks it's about the family politics?.....It's better this way' Yibo thought and felt relief wash over him. As soon as the relief settled in, a venomous bitter feeling settled in as well. Was he going to decive the human? Is he going to cheat him by not telling him what he knows?

Emperor Wang looked at Xiao Zhan in disbelief but soon the the disbelief turned into rage, he stood up from his chair causing a loud screech as the chair slid back harshly against the tiled floor. He angrily strode towards the human and stopped a few steps away from him seeing Yibo defensively stepping towards Xiao Zhan.