* 5 *

Donghyuck isn't oblivious. He is well aware of his own feelings. He realised it within the past month. When Renjun was busy with schedules, he was busy with 127. Every second he would wait for Renjun to text him, call him. He would look forward to Renjun crashing over at his. And when sometimes Renjun was not able to make it, he wasn't sad but hurt? That's when he started questioning himself, why was he SO hurt ? It's not like Renjun never meets him.
He started noticing how he could feel butterflies in his stomach whenever Renjun texted. At first it was just when they kissed, but gradually every mention of Renjun would make him feel that way. To the point that Doyoung thought he had a fever because his ears turned red at the mention of Renjun.
It's not the first time for him, so it was easy to realise these feelings are not friendly but romantic.

First time was when Mark asked him about why is he being so touchy with Renjun and that he noticed how Hyuck would pay extra attention to Renjun, his every detail, would buy him his favourite drink during schedules, indirectly convince the dreamies to eat hotpot on various occasions because he could see Renjun was feeling down. He had turned Mark away saying he was reading into things. But that night he came to realise that he indeed has a tiny crush on his cute adorable tiny best friend.
But he tried to suppress those feelings for the sake of their newly blooming friendship. He never thought about it again. Comes with busy schedules and barely getting time to think about yourself.

Turns out the feelings never went away even a tiny bit. still the same, fresh, pure and innocent.
Makes Hyuck feel so giddy and the excitement of a teenager.

He never made a move before because he never even thought he had a chance with Renjun, considering the older one seemed not so fond of him.
But now, he's confused. Because Renjun kisses him ? let's Hyuck kiss him, hug him, cuddle him. He cooks for Hyuck, takes good care of him, treats him so gently and lovingly ? Or would he do that for every friend ? But he wouldn't be so intimate with all his friends, right ? If he didn't like Hyuck, he wouldn't do all these things with him? wouldn't play with his feelings right ? Does that mean he has a chance with Renjun? Does Renjun even like him or is just trying to be a good friend?
Only one way to find out is by asking him. And Hyuck is the type of person to not shy away from confessing.
So here he is, standing by the dining table in Dream dorm while Renjun is making some sandwiches and choco shakes for their movie night. If Renjun didn't know better he would have thought Donghyuck is blushing by the way he is just standing there looking down and playing with his fingers. He figured out Hyuck had something to say when Hyuck showed up unannounced and stuttered out that he wanted to watch a movie with him, but didn't want to push him so he let him be.
But it's been half an hour and he still hasn't said a thing except asking Renjun to make chocolate shake.
"So... something to say?" , Renjun asks turning around and leaning against the kitchen counter with his hands.
Donghyuck, still unable to meet Renjun's eyes, decides, this is it. now or never. ride or die. he is Donghyuck. he can handle such rejection. Jeno is just next door, if he ends up crying and needs his emotional support.
"I like you !" he exclaims in a low voice still looking down, eyes closed.

"huh ?"

I'm definitely doomed
Hyuck's ready for the rejection when he feels Renjun's hands on his shoulders. Pressed firmly.
He opens his eyes. When did Renjun get so close ? They're standing so close now Donghyuck can count the eyelashes on Renjun's eyes if he wanted.

"What do you mean Donghyuck ? Say it clearly, don't play with my feelings with such half assed statements" , Renjun says sternly, he looks almost hurt ?

what? play with Renjun's feelings? and why is he looking hurt ? i just confessed what's there to hurt? what ? WHAT?
He doesn't understand what's going on ? he thought he was the one who's feelings are being played with ?

He breaks out of his stupor with a forehead flick from Renjun who looks so small, so sad and vulnerable, making Hyuck want to cry for being the reason behind it.

He didn't plan on doing a whole emotional type of confession with letting Renjun know what he makes him feel and all. He just wanted to tell Renjun how he feels and yeet out of there if Renjun doesn't feel the same way. But who is he to decide that ? Renjun makes him weak. and he would do anything to make Renjun smile bright and happy and let him know he's precious to Hyuck and so so lovable.
And so he lets him know.
He brings his hands on Renjun's waist, firm. And starts , "I like you Renjun. I like you more than a friend should. And before you say something, No , it's not because you were nice to me so i confused gratitude with liking. But i have liked you for a long time, way before this. I like you for you. I like you for being Renjun, so caring, nice, kind, beautiful inside out, the way you care for all of us, looking out for us even when you are not feeling well, looking out for other people even when you don't know them well, you don't even know you are so so precious. The way you think, your mind, so beautiful yet so complicated. You get annoyed when i touch you, but you also let me hug you when I'm not feeling well. You are just sooo special to me. Anyone would be so lucky to fall in love with you."
He freezes when he realises what he just said.
love
love ? does he ? yes he does. but isn't it too soon to say it out loud? but again there's no time limit when it comes to love.

He doesn't know what he expected.
But definitely surely, he didn't expect Renjun's lips on his. He remains frozen still processing the fact that Renjun is kissing him ! Kissing him after his long ass dangerous confession ? does it means he likes him back ? loves?him back ? aaah fuck it ! whatever !

He responds back in a few seconds. It's not like any any of the kisses that they have shared before. It's not just lips on lips like all their previous kisses.
It's Renjun kissing Donghyuck with all his being. Lips, toungue, teeths. It's like he's showing he wants Hyuck too, through the kiss. And Hyuck responds back with just as much fervor. Renjun brings his hands up to circle around Hyuck's neck, making Renjun tiptoe to reach Hyuck's height. Donghyuck deepens the kiss by bringing Renjun's body flush to his waist. He leads them back till Renjun's back is blocked by the counter. Donghyuck lifts him up a little to place him on the counter, eliciting a soft gasp from Renjun. He takes the opportunity slipping his tongue in olders mouth, deepening the kiss as much as he can. They kiss each other as if their life depends on it. Renjun sucking on Hyuck's lips. Nibbling and sucking each other's lips. The only thing that breaks them apart is the need for air.
Breaking the kiss, Renjun looks at Hyuck. They both are red due the lack of oxygen (and it's hot in there due to "feelings" )
Hyuck burns under Renjun's gaze. Renjun's looking at him as if he's the only thing that exists right now. Not wanting to let Renjun know that he's blushing, Hyuck nuzzles his face in the crook of Renjun's neck whining out, "whyyy, don't stare at me, say something"
It doesn't need an expert for Renjun to figure out Hyuck's blushing through his tone.
"Then look at me first" , Renjun says, pulling Hyuck's hair lightly to make him look at him.
Renjun uses his legs to pull Hyuck closer to him and knocks their foreheads together.
Eyes meeting, he says "I like you too Donghyuck" "lets date?" , he continues after a pause.

Renjun gets his answer through an hour-long kiss.

Actually a night long makeout session instead of a mOvIE NiGhT.