Wrong

Imagine Type: sad

Warnings: cheating

Status: Y/n's been noticing changes in Matt.

Y/n's P.O.V

I pace around my apartment, still little bit in denial. My best friend had sent me a picture earlier of Matt with a another girl. I didn't want to believe her but Chris and Nick both conformed that the picture was true.

So for the past two hours, I've been thinking and trying to figure out the whats, the hows, and the whys. All I want to do now is just to talk to Matt and figure everything out.

However, he's not answering my texts or calls. I want to believe that he just doesn't have service but my heart knows the truth. I begin to bite my nails when I get a text for Nick.

~~~~~~~~~~~Nick~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Matt's on his way
over

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I put my phone down, there's a knock at my front door. I take a deep breath before go over and open the door.

Matt is standing on the other side with his head down and his hands in his pockets.

"Can I come in?" He asked softly, looking up a me.

"Of course." I said, moving out of the way and letting him in.

I close the door once he's in and start to walk into my kitchen with him following behind me.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked.

"N-no thank you." Matt said.

I stand leaning against the counter and Matt stands across from me.
He just stands across from me and stares, trying to find words.

"I-I don't even know where to start..." Matt tells me, scratching the back of his neck.

"How long?" I asked.

"Huh?" He looks back up at me.

"How long have you been seeing her?" I asked, making it more clear.

"It was just that night." Matt says. "I swear. And I can promise you it's not what it looks like."

So fucking cliché to say.

"Okay... then explain to me what it looks like." I asked him softly. "Cause to me it looks like my boyfriend with another girl."

Matt stands in silence, most likely hoping that this is just another thing I'll get over in a week. I just stare at him waiting for him to come up with an answer.

"I'm not mad." I tell him.

"You're not?" He questioned.

"No, just a little disappointed and hurt." I said taking a breath out. "Can you at least tell me what I did wrong?"

A single tear runs down my cheek. I was trying so hard to keep it in but I just couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Baby I promise you you did absolutely nothing wrong." Matt trying to step closer to me but I back away.

"No Matt cause clearly I did or you wouldn't have done what you did, right?" I said softly.

"Was I taking things too slow for you?" I asked.

"No lovey." Matt says with puppy eyes.

Matt knows how hard I struggle with not being enough. All the years of being degraded by my family and exes have left me scarred and now I feel like I'm broken.

"I think it's obvious that I didn't give you enough attention or enough presents or enough love. Just please tell me what I did wrong?" I said with my cheeks now covered in tears.

"Y/n... you're literally the definition of a perfect girlfriend." Matt says with a crack in his voice.

"No I'm not." I said softly.

"Yes you are. You're the best girlfriend anyone could ask for." Matt says trying to come closer to me but I step back. "Y/n please let me hold you. Please..."

I shake my head, no as I begin to hug myself. I feel my chest getting tight as I feel a panic attack coming.

"Matt please go." I said, starting to breath heavy.

"Y/n..." Matt lightly glazed my arm but I jerk away.

I feel my legs start to shake and they become weaker.

"Y/n, please don't make me leave you like this." Matt begged.

"Please go." I said softly.

I stand my ground even though I want him to hold me more then anything. I can't let him, my heart knows better.
He sighs before giving up and turning around.

He walks out of the the kitchen into my living room and walking over to the front door.

"Tell me I'm wrong." I said before he places his hand on the knob.

He turns around and looks at me with glossy eyes.

"She was just a fan, wasn't she?" I ask, trying to grab some type of hope.

He lowers his head before shaking it back and forth. A tear finally falls out of my eye as I nod my head.

"Please treat her like a princess." I tell him. "I'm sure she's a wonderful person."

"I don't want her Y/n. I want you." Matt says turning towards me.

"I don't think you deserve me though." I said unexpectedly.

"I don't think I do either." Is the last thing he said before leaving my apartment.