-Chapter 13-

09-06-1013

Dear Finnick,

I am so sorry that I couldn't see you again. I have left on a trip with my aunt Bernice and won't be back for a while. I do hope you can forgive me. I will be in The Forbidden City so please write to me back. So much has happened and I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get back. I'm not sure when that will happen because Aunt Bernice is content with taking me to every corner of AverDale which could take years. I miss you dearly and hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Kansas CloudsDale

21-6-1013

Dear Kansas,

It is amazing to hear from you! Your family and I are worried sick! (I hope you have written to them and the letter hasn't come yet) Much has happened here at Gold's Kingdom. I'll tell you a few so you understand that you need to come back. Firstly, the merchants have been banned from the city. Everyone suspects that they had something to do with your disappearance but I'm glad that you are safe and happy! Since you're the only one who cares about them no one has said otherwise about the problem. Secondly, a Dark Mage visited Gold's Kingdom, looking for King Gold. When they found him, he was assassinated! What's crazier is King Gold actually had a son called Reylin who is 17 years old and is eligible to take over. There have been many changes since Reylin isn't as arrogant as the late King Gold was. Reylin is smart and kind and made me one of his advisors!! He said he wants new blood to help rule the kingdom! Unfortunately your father isn't doing so well since he was close to the late king, Reylin doesn't trust him and worries that your father will try to rebel. I convinced Reylin to allow your father to continue his work and thankfully Reylin agreed. I have been so swamped that I barely have time to write this letter. I probably won't write to you again for a while since I will be so busy but I hope you are doing well! I love hearing from you because it lets me know that you're safe. Write to me anytime and, though I might not immediately, I promise to respond.

Your Friend,

Finnick Orpheus