1980 ford mustang

Ever since I was 6 and my dad took me to my very first street race. I know what your thinking, what kind of father takes his 6 year old daughter to a street race? Well... My 25 year old father that had a passion for cars and anything else with an engine.
After my 'mother' walked out on us when I was 2, he was stuck with me.
He never showed that though, he loved me more than the world.
I grew up going to school while he was at work then getting home and working on cars and engines during the week with him then watching him race on weekends. That was our bonding time and I loved every minute.
It was my passion aswell.
He always used to say "letty, you shouldn't race, you should just work on the cars and then let them go. There is good money in that". But for me it was never about that, I'd fall in love with the cars I done up, I always had a thing for American muscle.
I looked and acted much older than I actually was, my long black curly hair Mede me look mature, I guess growing up without a mother that would've done everything for me had changed me for the better. By the age of 14 I was competing in races late at night and ditching school so that I could work to afford parts for my car. I had an old black 1980 Ford Mustang, 4.9 ltr V8 (manual), twin turbo. It was great in drag races but not good for long distances and I couldn't afford a new set of tires but I had the guts to race in the rain. I needed the money that I won from the races.
I loved the thill of the race and the roar of the engines.
We were running low on money and the bills were piling up. So my dad, the only person I loved, had told me "we need the money, you need the money for a future. I want you to live your life to the fullest. Go hard or go home. Ride or die."
I will remember that for my whole life.
"I have got in touch with 2 brothers, old friends that said we can get seriously big money for a job they have lined up" he told me their last name was shaw.