The kid showing off

Today was a Saturday.
I have a big race worth a lot of money on tonight.
Im really nervous. I haven't raced in a while, because I have been trying to work so I could get heaps of money and bet on some big races.
I don't work on Saturdays or Sunday's, I try to leave them free so I can do some work around the house and work on my car.
I changed into my usual white singlet and denim shorts. I walk out to the small shed behind our house and open the doors to reveal my fully customised Ford Mustang. I don't have much to do. My engine dropped a valve into the chamber and put a dent in one of my Pistons, I just have to put the new piston on and I'm all set. It won't take long.
I popped the hood and set up my ratchet, screwdriver set and spanner wrap on the table beside my car for easy access.
It took me longer than I thought it would to finish fixing my piston and cylinder head.
I was running late. I ran inside and changed my shirt and grabbed my bag and leather jacket. Speeding so I didn't miss the race, I took a lot of back roads so avoid traffic lights and cops.
I got there and they were about to line up to race.

I was obviously the only girl, there used to be another girl racing about the same age and speed as me, her name was Suki. We went and got our licences together. We were best friends. Till her parents found out she did drugs and they went crazy and sent her away, I haven't seen her since. She always used to say that we would never separate. "Race sisters for life" she'd call us. I guess since she left I have never wanted to get close to anyone from racing.

I saw a few familiar faces, vince and Jesse (two guys I grew up racing with. Jesse knew cars better than anyone else I knew, besides jimmy. Vince was like an older brother, very protective, I love him for that.)
One of the girls in a short skirt and a bra was up the front holding up her shirt telling us to get in line. We all pulled up together. I was fourth across (outside) with a guy I'd barely seen at races on my left. I think his name was Dominic Tortto but everyone called him Dom. The starter girl pointed to everyone and asked if they were ready we all nodded and the revving of the engines began. ON YOU MARKS, GET SET, GO! And we were off. Speeding down a closed street to get around the block and back I was going good pulling into second right behind Dom but I was gaining on him fast as my car had better top end but lacked acceleration. I was at his rear bumper and the dickhead cut me off! The son of a bitch. He was now on the inside for the turn to go around the building which was just up ahead.
We all turned the corner Dom's car accelerating away from me as I pulled up the hand brake and slide around the corner. I was gaining again and we turned the next corner. But I was closer to him this time as we came along the back straight we were basically next to each other. I figured if I could push him tight this corner I could keep my revs up and keep my top end speed so I pushed tight but he obviously wanted to be the cool kid and drift wide this corner. I didn't realise this was his plan till I saw him over shoot the corner, hoping to get a wide turn and just as I looked over his tires couldn't grip the slippery road and he began to roll. Straight into me. Well, over me. as he rolled over my roof collapsed pushing me into the seat and under the steering wheel. I had blood everywhere. The last thing I saw was red. Right before I blacked out.