Somethings On The Staircase

So be for I get into the strange event's of the second night of staying in this 4 bedroom house in Calais ME. I'd like to explain that my Girlfriend wasn't a skeptic on the supernatural, she outright did not believe in it. According to her everything in life could be explained someway through science. She was an hard core atheist. That's why this story shocked me.

It's was the second night in the house, it was pretty late. Cathy and I were just relaxing after a long day of working more one the house, getting ready to go to bed. She got up to use the bathroom before bed, but almost immediately after leaving the room I hear her scream and she runs back into the room freaking out. I tried to calm her down and get her to tell me what happened. She said "somethings on the staircase" I asked her if it was an animal, trying to access the situation before I go out there looking for this "thing". But she just shook her head no. I was suddenly in scared but protective mode. I asked her is someone was in the house. She still looked terrified, and she said "it didn't look human." Now I'd like to say I pulled out my gun to hunt this thing down. But I didn't own a gun, so I grabbed my pocket knife and my phone for a light. Don't know how much good it would have done, thank goodness I wouldn't have to find out. I searched the whole house except for the basement and attic. I even opened the doors to the bedrooms I was told to stay out of and looked inside. Never saw anything. After a good seach I went back to my room where Cathy was still really shaken. I told her that I didn't she anything, but asked her to explain what it looked like. She said it's skin was grey, and tight showing through it's bones. She also said it was hunched over, had long nails, and solid black eyes.

Now her description was really horrifying, and being a creepy pasta fan, my first thought was of the rake... We didn't sleep much that night.

The next morning before she left to go back to her home in Canada I googled a picture of the rake, and her eyes grew wide. She nodded and said "that's what I saw"

//Later she would claim that she must have just been seeing things. But I have never seen her that truly terrified or paranoid about anything before. So even tho I didn't see it I believe her. Especially after everything else that has happened in that house... I will write more soon...