ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 1. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘.

𝕊𝕔𝕠𝕥𝕥'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍.

Scotts bored in class, nothing new. Another thing that's not new, him fidgeting around with the ring around his finger. It's a shiny gold with a flower engraved on it, the inside saying "I love you petal". Scotts never taken this ring off since he got it, he doesn't plan on ever taking it off. He won't let the most important thing he got from his husband get lost. Speaking of his husband, Jimmy Solidarity, or well Jimmy Smajor. Scotts husband of only a few months, well not really, it's been about a year. But it's technically a few months cause Jimmy Soli- Smajor. Had passed away due a to a car accident. And even almost an entire year later, Scott still grieves. Having not even thought of anyone attractive since, he really hasn't dated anyone in, well, a very long time. And now, he sits in his class, giving about a third of his attention to the teacher, and two thirds to his dead husband. He looks up from the ring on his finger to see the teacher scolding a late student. The kid was a dirty blond, it reminded him a little bit of jimmy, but Jimmy's hair was more of a golden blond, the kid was wearing a red jumper, that seemed quite worn out, and some regular jeans. He was scratching the back of his neck making up a lousy excuse for being late. The teacher glared at the kid and told him to go find a seat. The kid looked among the crowd of classmates staring at the scene that lay before them. Scott and the little kids eyes locked. Scott immediately looked away in hopes that the kid wouldn't bother him, his hope didn't come true. The kid grinned and went over to where Scott was sitting. He dropped his book on the desk and sat down. Scott looked in the opposite direction of the kid.
"Hello!" The kid exclaimed
"Hi..." Scott grumbled back not looking to make friends
"My names Grian pleasure to meet you!" He held out his hand
Scott turned to Grian and shook his hand
"Scott.." he muttered, Grian smiled
"I like your ring"
Scott looked down at his ring, immediately a feeling of loneliness washed over him
"Yeah....thanks.." Grian just smiled
They didn't talk for the rest of the class, it was just Grian throwing occasional smiles at Scott and Scott giving a lousy smile back, he didn't have the energy for this.
Class ends, kids rush to pack up and scurry to wherever they have to go next. Scott takes his time, he doesn't have any classes for a while. Apparently so does Grian because he asks Scott to go to the coffee shop down the street from the campus to meet up with a friend. Scott doesn't know why, but he agrees. And now he's being dragged by Grian to a coffee shop.
The coffee shop is familiar, he's been here a few times, the coffee here isn't all that bad. Grian spots his friend behind the counter and drags Scott with him up there to greet said friend. The Friend was- not wearing a shirt- why isn't he wearing a shirt- besides the- shirtlessness... he has scars covering his body, everywhere. He also has brown hair which is a little bit spiky, and a goofy, emphasis on the goofy, look on his face. But for some reason, Scott felt mildly intimidated by the goofy look on his face.
"Hey Grian! How ya doing bud! Ooooo who's this?" The shirtless guy said curiosity laced in his voice
Grian face planted "Scar put your clothes back on."
Scar looked down at his shirtless body
"Haha whoops!" He said scratching the back of his neck before he went the the room behind the counter coming out with a shirt on a few seconds later
"How have you not been fired." Grian remarked
"I honestly don't know-" scar responded casually "anyways! Who's this!" Scar said pointing at Scott enthusiastically
"Oh! This is Scott!" Grian said looking over at Scott, per usual a smile pasted on his face. Scott waves. "Oh yeah! Can I get two coffees!" Grian adds before looking over at Scott, "hot or iced?" Scotts caught Off guard by Grian getting him a coffee "I- um- iced-" he replies "two coffees! One hot one iced!" Scar gives Grian a thumbs up and tells him it's on the house, Grian doesn't loom suprised by this, says thanks and goes over to a table, dragging Scott, again.
"So Scott tell me a little bit about yourself!" Grian asks excitedly
Scott doesn't know how to respond, "umm well, my names Scotts smajor- i'm a big fan of flowers, and I draw occasionally..?" He says as if it's a question. Grian looks really focused on what Scott had to say, "Really! That's so cool!" He says with energy he never thought anyone besides jimmy could have, Jimmy had always been wayy too energetic for his own good. "I could've guessed the flower part" he points to Scotts ring. Scott let's out a forced chuckle "but the drawing part!" Grian continues, "That's so cool! Can I see some!!" Scott hesitated before responding "U-um sure..." He pulls out a sketchbook and hands it over to Grian, a wave of embarrassment washes over him as Grian flips through the pages.
"Wow..." Grian says completely in awe Scar walks over
"Here's your coffee, ooooo Grian what's that?" Grian looks up from the sketchbook to look at Scar "look look! Aren't these drawing so good!" Grian exclaims moving the sketchbook into scars view, Scott gets more embarrassed, and scar looks mesmerized, "woah....who's that?" Scars says pointing to a page in the book. It's a drawing of Jimmy. "Oh, um.." Scott pauses "t-that's Jimmy.." Scott says looking at the picture "Jimmy looks like such a cool person!" Grian says making direct eye contact with Scott. Scott freezes "yeah sure...maybe some day I'll show him to you guys" The two boys nod and continue flipping through the sketchbook, "you weren't lying when you said you liked flowers..." Grian said in awe, Scott chuckled, this time it wasn't forced. Scott hadn't had friend in so long, as he had isolated himself from anyone he previously knew after his beloved husbands death. So having some friends, was nice, it filled a small bit of the empty void that Scott had in his heart. For the first time in over a year, he felt genuinely happy.