𝟸 - 𝙵𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚢

Hey guys, sorry for the late update, I actually forgot I published the first part lol. This one's a little bit shorter and silly, and more aimed towards cat lovers. So if you don't like cats I apologize. This is also in present time.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

Summary: After moving to a new apartment, you and your new roommate, Milo, are getting along quite well. One day you overhear him talking to his cat about you.

F/N - friend name

This is what Fluffy looks like in my head because animated Fluffy is an atrocity:

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

'Ok... There. All done.' You had just finished putting all your books onto your shelf in your new apartment. Your belongings were scattered across your room along with some new furniture (F/N) had given you to fill the space.

Realizing it was getting late, you turned your attention to your bed. 'I guess I should put my sheets on...'

While you rummaged through boxes to find your bedding, your mind wandered to your roommate, Milo. You had met earlier this morning as he was leaving to go to work. He was very sweet and a little awkward, but compared to your previous roommates, you were looking forward to getting to know him. He also had a white cat that he seemed very fond of, named Fluffy. She was just as friendly as he was (and yes, she was fluffy), and immediately took a liking to you.

You began wondering when Milo was going to get home as Fluffy welcomed herself into your room and laid down on your freshly made bed.

"Oh, come on, I didn't make my bed just for you," you scolded her jokingly. You always liked cats and had grown up with them, so you knew their habits. You scratched her cheek and she began purring and kneading on your sheets. "Ok, I guess I'll let you stay in here."

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

By the time Milo came home, you had already cleared out the rest of the boxes and taken a shower. You could hear him in the kitchen, you assumed making himself dinner.

Fluffy was still curled up on your bed, sleeping peacefully. You decided to go to the kitchen to say hi to Milo, even though he was probably tired. He left for work at 7:30 this morning, and at this moment it was already 9:00 PM.

You walked into the kitchen, and Milo was sitting at the counter.

"Hey Milo," you said. You sat down across from him.

"Oh, hi (Y/N)," Milo said. "How was unpacking?"

"It was fine, kinda boring. Fluffy kept me company though," you giggled.

Milo smiled at the mention of his cat. "I think she really likes you, usually she never comes out for new people."

"She's so sweet, she's been on my bed since this afternoon."

You two continued talking about Fluffy, and you even showed Milo pictures of the cat you had growing up. You were really beginning to enjoy Milo's presence and wanted to know more about him, and you could tell he felt the same about you. He was very eager to ask you questions about where you grew up, your job, and of course whether you planned on getting a cat of your own.

Some time passed and you were comfortable in your new living situation. You were very close with Milo and you two loved spending time with each other, to the point where you both agreed to spend Friday nights together watching movies or just talking.

On this particular Friday night, you were coming out of your room with your Nintendo Switch. You wanted to show Milo your Animal Crossing island and maybe get him to play too. You were walking down the hall past Milo's room when you heard him talking quietly.

You stopped for a second and peaked through the crack between the door and the wall.

"They're so nice," he mumbled. Fluffy was sitting on his bed while he scratched her head. You knew Milo liked to talk to his cat, and you thought it was cute. You also just thought Milo was cute, but you didn't want to tell him that.

"Maybe I could take them on a date. You think they'd say yes?" Fluffy purred in response.

What? You thought. Who's Milo asking on a date? You leaned a little closer to the door.

"We already spend so much time together, maybe I'd have a chance. And I know you like them too." Milo scratched behind Fluffy's ears and she closed her eyes, obviously enjoying it.

Was Milo talking about you? You couldn't help wondering, because he did say whoever he wanted to ask out spent a lot of time with him. As far as you knew, you were the one he hung out with the most and the one Fluffy liked.

"(Y/N)'s so pretty too, I can't stop staring. They probably think I'm creepy... Whatever, I'll think about it." Milo stopped petting Fluffy and went to leave his room. You sprinted as quietly as you could into your living room and sat down on the couch, pretending you had been waiting for Milo the whole time.

"Hey," he said when he saw you, and smiled. "Are you ok?"

You realized your face was red from your sprint and you were a little out of breath. "Yeah, I'm fine," you lied.

Milo suddenly looked suspiciously at you. He tilted his head to the side a little and asked, "Did you overhear something in the hallway?"

"No." You said immediately. He definitely knows I'm lying now.

Milo blushed. "Oh- I'm sorry, I didn't think- I didn't know you were there," he squeaked awkwardly.

You were blushing too now. "I mean, I don't think it's weird or anything, I wouldn't mind going on a date with you."

His eyes widened. "Really?"

You nodded and felt your face get redder than before.

"Okay, um- this weekend?" He asked.

"That sounds great," you giggled.

Milo sat down next to you and you played Animal Crossing for the rest of the night. Eventually Fluffy found her way to you guys and curled up on the end of the couch.