𝟺 - 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜

Really long A/N because I need to explain myself

Hi queens, I'm in my last year of school and I'm going to University next year, so obviously I'm super busy doing school things. Thank you for being so patient with these updates, I know it takes forever. I'm in three extracurricular activities plus normal school/major exam stuff coming up, so I'm not making any promises about when the next update will be, but they're probably gonna be preferences. But thank you for enjoying and reading even through my horrid update schedule🙏

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

This is a full oneshot of the preference I wrote called First Kiss.

Summary: You and Milo are both part of the crew on the Ulysses, and you very obviously have feelings for each other. You have some down time together and find yourselves taking it a step further.

Btw (Y/N) is described as being smaller than Milo in this, so if you're like 300 meters tall or something just pretend you're like tiny? Idk bruh.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

It's been three days since the Ulysses left, and Milo was starting to get antsy. Usually he would use this time to analyze the book his grandfather had left behind for him, but something else was bothering him and preventing him from doing so. That something was another person in the crew. Milo frequently found himself getting sidetracked thinking about them, so even though he wanted to work, he couldn't.

Milo and (Y/N) had been working together quite a bit the first two days on the submarine, which meant they got to spend a lot of time talking about their lives outside of the expedition. Milo immediately took a liking to (Y/N), which very quickly became more than friendly. He realized this when he found himself daydreaming about them when they weren't together, much like he was doing right now. In fact, he was so lost in his daydream that he didn't even see them walk into the same room. (Y/N) had to wave their hand in front of his face for him to even notice they were there.

"OH-" Milo realised who it was, and knocked a few things off his table in shock. "Hey (Y/N)." He was embarrassed now, and his face felt hot. (Y/N) sat down on the table in front of him and sighed. They looked frustrated.

"Are you okay?" Milo asked once he recovered from his bout of anxiety and embarrassment.

(Y/N) sighed again, more dramatically this time, then said, "This stupid project is so difficult, I've been working on the same thing all day, and I've made absolutely no progress."

Milo usually shied away from any type of romantic gesture unless someone else did it first, but before he could even realise what he was doing, he had taken (Y/N)'s hands into his. He noticed the size difference, and liked the feeling of their smaller hands in his. Now it was (Y/N)'s turn to blush and get embarrassed.

"Why'd you do that?" (Y/N) asked. Their demeanor was different from when they had walked in upset.

Milo shrugged and the shyness returned. "I guess I thought it would make you feel better. I mean- unless you don't want me to, then I can stop."

"No, I like it, it's nice."

They both stared at each other for a little while. In the few seconds they were sitting together, Milo realised how desperate he was for (Y/N) to know how he felt.

"Listen, I know this might sound weird, but, um.. I think you're really pretty and stuff, and you don't have to say yes, but um," Milo rambled on for a bit longer. (Y/N) was listening intently with a slight blush to their cheeks. Finally, he managed to say, "Iwannakissyoubutyoudonthaveto," and immediately wanted to disappear.

(Y/N) looked stunned. Milo wasn't sure if it was because they couldn't understand what he said through his awkward mumbling, or if it was because they had understood it.

"You can kiss me," (Y/N) said, still looking shocked.

Milo immediately felt relieved, and stopped panicking a little bit. He leaned over to (Y/N) and quickly kissed their cheek, then went back to sitting uncomfortably, cheeks bright red.

(Y/N) giggled. "I thought you meant a real kiss."

Milo stuttered a few more things that made no sense, then leaned back towards (Y/N). He kissed them for real, on the lips, this time. He felt (Y/N)'s arms around his neck, and he slowly moved his own towards their waist.

After a few more seconds, Milo tried to pull away, but that only made (Y/N) pull him closer. They continued taking turns pulling each other back until they absolutely were about to suffocate.

Both breathing heavily, Milo rested his forehead on (Y/N)'s. After catching their breath, they both started giggling hysterically, of course while still blushing.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

I finally finished a chapter for the first time in 2 months guys🙏🙏