Chapter 2

Previously ~"who do you worship?" Vernon looked concerned for a moment then shook his head. "We call her Alvara."~

continuing...

Lynx smiled, "doesn't Alvara mean elf warrior?" Vernon nods, "you really know your stuff don't you?" Lynx nods as Vernon starts walking. "Where are we going?" Lynx looked around for a hint of some sort to guess. "You need to meet the royal council." Vernon stops and turns to look at Lynx. "A bit of a warning, some of the other members would have rather had me kill you." He sighs and bows his head to Lynx "I can't promise your safety, but do know you have my blessing to live among us." He looks at him before unbowing. Lynx nods "I'm prepared for whatever the council decides." Vernon grabs Lynxes hand and closes his eyes "I hereby give you my blessing to walk among us as one of us. To live in peace and harmony alongside us and the creatures who run the land, and it shall not be broken unless the high council or Alvara herself disagrees." Vernons hand glows a bright green and Lynxes hand feels warm and slightly tingly. Vernon opens his eyes and removes his hand to reveal a mark on lynxes hand. Lynx looked at it shocked, the mark looked like an axe with vines wrapped around it. He looks at Vernon, "Thank you." Vernon nods and begins walking, "it was the least I could do. I might not look like it, but I care about all living creatures which includes you." Lynx walks beside Vernon and takes everything around him in. "Even if the council disapproves of my stay, at least I can die knowing there was more." Vernon smiles to himself and he takes a deep breath, "It's nice to have someone to walk with for a change." Lynx nods "So you aren't friends with the other council members?" "No" Vernons mood seemed to shift from calm to tense and Lynx didn't want to push any farther. "Look." Vernon points to a tall beautiful tree and beside it are two large foxes that have bright purple eyes and orange and yellow fur. "They're so pretty. Why are they orange?" Vernon lets out a high pitch whistle and the foxes start running toward them. When the sun hits their fur it seems to glow. The foxes run up to Vernon and he happily pets them. The foxes look as if they are about seven foot. "This is Ray and Pepper, they are eclipse foxes. Their fur is bright orange and yellow while the sun is out, but as soon as it's dark their fur turns a beautiful blue and purple." Lynx pets Pepper and smiles "They're gorgeous." Veron gets on Ray's back "This is how were going to get to the council." Lynx looks at Pepper unsure "Are you sure?" Vernon laughs "yes i'm sure." Lynx nods and gets on Pepper's back. Vernon clicks his tongue and Ray starts sunning. "Wait for me!" Lynx clicks his tongue and pepper runs after Ray. Lynx closes his eyes and holds on tightly to Pepper. Vernon slows down and rides beside Lynx. "You know, it helps to see where you're going." Lynx shakes his head and Vernon sighs. "Do you not trust me?" Lynx opened one of his eyes as Vernon spoke and he sat up "I do." Vernon smiles "Then trust Pepper." Vernon speeds up and Lynx looks at the mark on his hand. "Come on Pepper, I trust you." Pepper looks back at Lynx and begins to run faster. Pepper and Lynx catch up with Vernon and Ray "Try to keep up, old man!" Pepper runs faster than Ray and Vernon chuckles. Lynx looks back and sees that Vernon was gone, "where did he go?" Lynx stops Pepper and looks around confused. Suddenly Vernon and Ray jumped over Lynx and ran ahead of them. "I thought you said I was old?" Lynx huffs and Pepper begins to run after him "hey get back here!" Lynx and Vernon laugh as they run. Vernon slows down and so does Lynx. "What's wrong?" Vernon stops and gets off of Ray and Lynx gets off of Pepper. Vernon looks ahead and sighs as Ray and Pepper run off. "We are here." Lynx looks ahead and sees a huge marble temple with gold vines wrapping the pillars. A tall figure was standing at the door "You're late."