Chapter 7

Previously ~Vernon smiled and placed his hand and the side of Lynxes face “Then do so.”~

Continuing...

Lynx thought to himself for a moment wondering if he really should. Vernon chuckled at Lynxes' struggle “I don't bite.” Lynx felt his face warming up and he leaned down, but stopped as their lips were so close to touching. Lynx could feel Vernons breath on his chin and Lynx realized that he was about to spiderman kiss Vernon in the most cliche way ever. Vernon gently leaned his head up so their lips were grazed against each other. Lynx felt his breath hitch and he closed his eyes as he pressed into Vernons lips to fully kiss him. Vernon closed his eyes and kissed back. He lifted one of his hands and tangled it into Lynxes hair while the other hand found Lynxes hand. They pulled apart and Lynx felt his head spinning almost as if he were intoxicated. Vernon sat up and turned to Lynx “Are you ok?” Lynx nodded quickly and put a hand over his mouth as his face flushed bright red. Vernon gently grabbed Lynxes wrist and pulled it away from his face “Don't hide, you're too beautiful for that.” Lynx shook his head “I'm not the beautiful one here, you are.” Lynx stared into Vernons eyes with that sick feeling in his gut. Vernon felt it too, he felt like he would be sick. His head was spinning and he had never felt this way before so he didn't know what to call it. They stared into each other's eyes for a while, but Vernon could feel himself being drawn in by Lynx. Vernon placed his hand on the side of Lynxes face and Lynx held onto his wrist. Lynx couldn't describe the look in Vernons eyes at that moment. It looked as if he was calm yet behind that there was a storm of raw emotion and passion. Lynx gently squeezed Vernons wrist and almost as if a switch went off in Vernons head he pressed his lips to Lynxes lips. Lynx and Vernon immediately closed their eyes as if it was instinct. Lynx moved his body closer to Vernons wanting to be close to him. Vernon moved his hands to cup Lynxes face and Lynx gently grasped Vernons wrists. A soft breeze brushed past them, but they dared not move, not yet wanting the kiss to end. When they pulled apart this time they leaned their foreheads together and kept their eyes closed. Lynx suddenly tuned into the world around him, listening to the trees and grass swaying with the gentle breeze. He could hear Vernons soft breaths as they stayed like that. Vernon pulled away and looked at Lynx like he was the most precious thing in the world. Lynx softly smiled and looked around him. There were lightning bugs everywhere but unlike the lightning bugs in the normal world, these lightning bugs were blue and purple. Lynx stood up and took a deep breath to really take in everything. Vernon stood up and grabbed Lynxes hand. They didn't need to say anything, they could feel the connection they had. “It's getting late.” Vernon tilts his head up towards the sky. “Yeah, we should get to bed.” Lynx walks to the house with Vernon closely following. Vernon walks to his room “I have a spare room if you would like to use it.” Lynx walked past Vernon and laid on the bed “Here is fine.” Vernon smiles “Ok.” With that Vernon got under the covers with Lynx. Lynx wrapped his arms around Vernon and snuggled into his chest. Vernon closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around Lynx “Goodnight.” They both fell asleep feeling safe in each other's arms. In the morning Lynx stirred awake and looked up at Vernons sleeping face. Lynx softly kissed Vernon and to his surprise he got a soft kiss in return “Good morning to you as well Lynx.” Vernon smiled as Lynx hid his face embarrassed “I didn't mean to wake you.” Vernon softly chuckled, “I would rather wake up like this every morning, than serving Alvara.” Lynx looked at him shocked. “But she raised you, and she has clearly treated you right for the most part.” Vernon nodded “That is true, but I would give up all of creation just to wake up with you in my arms.” Lynx smiled and kissed Vernons cheek “Let's go make breakfast you big cheeseball.” Lynx borrowed some of Vernons clothes and went to the bathroom to change while Vernon got dressed in his room. Vernon exits his room and walks to the kitchen. Lynx smells something good from the kitchen when he walks out of the bathroom. Lynx walked into the kitchen and to his surprise Vernon wasn't cooking, Axel was. “Good morning Lynx.” Axel looked at Lynx and went back to cooking “Before you ask,  I am here in regards to your decision to walk as one of us.” Lynx nodded and looked at Vernon “I wanna go through with it.” Axel smiled and served them pancakes “Great we start after breakfast.”