A soul

When I wake up, I am afraid.

Somebody else might take my place.

. . .

Falling, Falling, Falling

Deeper and deeper into a cold pool of liquid, the comforts and burns at the same time.

. . .

When I wake up, I am afraid.

Somebody else might take my place.

. . .

A soul flickers with a voice so strong but so afraid.

. . .

Make that money.

Fake that bunny.

Ache my tummy.

. . .

The voice is smothered by the expectations around it and the people that surround it.

. . .

On the fence, all the time.

. . .

It titers at the edge of disappearing forever. Too weak to continue on.

. . .

Paid junk honey

Your face so sunny

Ain't that funny?

. . .

The soul never knowing the feeling of a family, but it's yearning for one more intense than anything the fates and the sea have ever felt.

. . .

All my friends always lie to me.

. . .

The soul was harsh and jaded. It was reaching out to be betrayed over and over again. Its song was one of sorrow and anger.

. . .

I know they're thinking.

You're too mean. I don't like you.

Fuck you, anyway.

. . .

The soul was floating, finally at peace. The burning died down to nothing but a cool hug around it. The soul wondered if it was finally at ease.

Then it heard it.

" Oh, child, with a voice so beautiful but heart so harrowed. How the universe has wronged you. What do you want from me, child."

The soul was quiet and rasped out in a voice that still sounded so soft and beautiful even after it was almost destroyed. "Can I rest and still keep my music?"

"Child, I can't let you rest. But, I can still grant your wish. You will keep your music, even when your memories are foggy and start to fade. I can at least ease the burden of your past." The voice said. The soul was about to cry in rage and desperation. It just wanted to rest.

"Off you go then, child. I hope you find what you are looking for." The soul was just about to shout out that it didn't want to find anything at all.

But couldn't because the liquid surrounding it was forced inside it. Pain erupted, and burning burning burning was all the soul could feel.

Then nothing. The soul consciousness faded soon after.

. . .

The soul floated around in this place that radiated love and affection. Protection and Warmth. Never felt it before the soul fell absolutely in love with this place in its fleeting time awake.

. . .

The soul was suddenly startled awake from its rest.

It was being pushed. It was leaving its safety. NO-NO-NO.

The soul had no control, though.

It was pushed out, and the first thing it heard was

"I love you, Gold. D Ann" The soul Ann started crying directly after. For leaving its safe space. For knowing it was time to say goodbye and recognizing the name.

Ann knew where she was now, and she was scared, so scared. Foggy memories of a time long gone and her voice being smothered out.

Memories of escaping in a manga One Piece.

She knew what was to come, and she was terrified to be silent again. She started screaming louder when she realized she wasn't in her mother's arms.

The next thing she knew, she had faded into oblivion.