GUILTY (3/5) || 13

december 09; 10:44 hrs

"case 2837, criminal cause pleading, the state versus jeon aera."

jungkook glances at the old man of law, smiling briefly as he motions his hand for the prosecution to go first and explain the case. the opponent lawyer stands up on his place dressed in the same attire as jungkook– black pants, white dress shirt, a white neckband and a black coat, representative of law too.

the man stands up, bowing to the judge first and speaks, "your honor, my client park ransom's brother– park noah, was brutally murdered on december 2nd. we seek justice for him and plead jeon aera guilty for the cause since she was present at the spot and the murder weapon has her fingerprints."

the judge nods briefly before turning to jungkook, "defence may proceed,"

"thank you my lord," jungkook bows to the man, "my client, who is also a juvenile, is being framed into this. i demand a clear investigation and rights for the wrongly accused from the honourable court."

the judge nods again, writing down something then looks at the child with a gaze full of mistrust and confusion. he gulps down the lump like the rest of the people knowing and following the case online or through newspapers since it's already the biggest headline in korea now.

"jeon aera, please come to the witness stand."

jungkook glances at the sister, patting her back encouragingly for her to go to the front and stand in the witness box. aera shakes her head, holding onto his hand tightly as tears pool her eyes again making the elders sigh with sympathy. the officials exchange glances with the policemen and taehyung nods, stepping forward when kang gestures him to bring the girl forward.

"ri, come on, we're all here. you don't have to be scared." he whispers, taking her hand and makes her stand up. aera whines, pulling herself back and hugs jimin tightly, shaking her head that says she doesn't want to go there.

"you have to go, princess. i'm right here, you can tell me when you wanna stop okay?" jungkook cups her face and smiles softly.

jimin nods, kissing her forehead and pats her back, "go," his voice whispers tenderly. aera stands up, rubbing her eyes and looks at the old judge who looks a bit scary with his front hair gone and skin wrinkled unevenly on his face and hands. his sunken eyes stare at the kid with an expression that is mirrored from the others present in the courtroom, having difficulty seeing the kid so scared and not wanting to leave her brothers.

nonetheless taehyung brings her to the witness stand, positioning himself on the side back in his place near yoongi and kang leo.

"do you wanna say something?"

aera shakes her head looking at jungkook who gives an assuring look telling her to relax. the prosecutor seeks permission for the questioning and heads to aera on getting a positive command from the court.