pov: oh, to be loved by All Might

pov: to be loved by All Might
genre: fluff/angst

Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard
-Coldplay

highly advisable: read while The Scientist by Coldplay is playing in the background.
---
When Yagi, no- All Might rather was on duty, he'd treat everyone fairly. No special treatment whether you're a politician, or a street vendor, he'd save them all. No prioritization when he's strong enough to save them all. Laughing light-heartedly to make them at ease. That everyone is safe now that he is there. That's All Might. Despite his injury after his winning against AFO, he persevered to keep being the Symbol of Peace because everyone needed him still.

RINGGGGGGGG!

"AHA! Do not be alarmed! That is my phone. Rest assured, everything will be fine for I am here!"

All Might drops the man and woman gently on the asphalt, handing them over to an emergency responder. The woman stole a squeeze up on his waist, and a grope on his abs. "Thank you, All Might!"

He flashes a grin, proceeding to answer his phone.

"Am I speaking to Yagi Toshinori?"

"It is I!"

". . . All Might?"

He coughs, covering his mouth and hunching over, while walking to a corner to speak in his usual voice. "This is him speaking. I'm sorry about the TV, All Might was on."

"Oh." A pause. "I'm calling because you are listed as emergency contact of. . ."
---

The sight of you lying in the bed makes his heart stop. The hospital lights make your skin pale. Not chalk pale, but the lighter than your usual complexion. There are big dark circles under your eyes.

He calls out your name. His voice is hoarse and stained. The nurse gives him a hopeful smile and reaches out to touch his shoulder to give a drive-by comfort. "I'll be right outside if you guys need anything."

He still hasn't stopped crying ever since he got here. It was just exhaustion. There was nothing to worry about. But here he is worrying non-stop. Your heart is still so fucking soft from just the fact he was here almost immediately. You thought he wouldn't be here, not that this ever happened before, but you assumed with him being the Number One Hero, listing him as your emergency contact was just a gesture. You didn't expect his presence. You only did it because you wanted him to be informed first and foremost out of anyone in your life.

He calls out your name again. His voice louder, but is still sounds impossibly sore.

"Come here, Toshi."

He doesn't move, instead he lowers his face so you can't see his blue eyes. He sucked in the sound of his sobs, but the tears still dribble down his cheek in silence.

"Toshinori."

He takes a deep breath and sat down in the chair next to the bed. You put your hand out and he grabs it.

You finally noticed why his face looked different. "What happened?"

He moves his face to make a frown. You could practically see his muscles aching under his skin. The skin around his eyes looks so dark and bruised, as if someone punched him repeatedly in the face. "Nothing," he answers. "I was careless."

You were about to say something but you felt so sleepy that your eyes had closed and your breathing steadies. You've fallen asleep. He sits there for a while, his left hand holding right. He feels creepy watching you sleep, but he can't help it. He's scared that if he takes his eyes away from you, you're going to disappear.