Seven

Fubuki POV

The next day very early in the morning I received his call which woke me up. My half sleeping body struggled to grab my phone. As shifted on the bed I picked up the call without bothering to check.

"Hello?" I asked in my half-sleep voice. 

"F-fubuki." I recognized his voice immediately. And my sleep slipped away that instant. 

"Sai, Why are you calling me this early?" 

"The previous night it wasn't a dream. We were on a date. You kissed me. I kissed you. You like me. Tell me this all happened for real." I laughed. 

"Tell me—Fubuki." I shifted to turn to the other side of the bed. My heart pounded as all the previous night's memories exploded into my head. 

"Yes. It wasn't a dream, Sai."  I have been saying Sai a lot since yesterday. I like it a lot.  

"You called me to ask this?" 

"Yes. I wanted to confirm," he sounded pleased and serious too. 

"Well, now you have confirmed. You should go back to sleep." I said and pulled away my phone to check the time. It is 4:30 am. And I put it back on my ear. 

"Well, I don't think I could sleep again—sorry to wake you up." He said with an embarrassed voice as if he had just cottoned on to how insane he was being a minute before.  

"You should be—I don't think I can sleep too," I sounded too serious, which I didn't intend. Anyway, it didn't bother him. 

"So, do you want to hang up?" He asked

"No—and You?" I asked. 

"Not at all." 

There was a pause. 

"What do you want to be?" He asked. 

"Are we talking about our career plans early this morning?" I asked. 

"What do you want to talk about? Should we talk about yesterday?" I could feel he is gonna tease me and I imagine his expression, a stupid grin over his stupidly handsome face as he continues  

"That how courageous you were to express your feelings through— "  

"I want to be a doctor." I interrupted him. And he laughed hard.

"Hate you, Sai." I was mad at him. I might have stormed off if he were in front of me. But I just hung upon him.  And it was satisfying enough. He called me again and I picked up with a goofy smile that I didn't cotton on to what I was wearing on my face.  

"Don't be mad. Fubuki. I am sorry. I am not gonna tease you this time." 

"You promise?" 

"I Promise." He assured me. "So, tell me why do you want to be a doctor?" He asked and was genuinely interested. 

"Because there is good money and I can help the people too," I told him. 

We talked. I asked about him. He told me that he will take over his father's company. I heard a great deal of things about his family in school. His father owns multi-billionaire companies, he is a business tycoon. I asked about his family as he knows about mine. I didn't have any idea about his family. He told me about his younger brother, Genos. Who sometimes annoyed him. But I can feel that he loves him. He didn't say much about his parents except his father is always busy. And his mother—he said she is fine. He tells me about Nina, his and his brother's nanny who has looked after both of them. I didn't know what he meant by that but close enough to have the idea that he is not close to either of his parents. I just hope it is my imagination.