¹⁰, HER BROKEN WINGS

𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.
chapter ten; Her Broken Wings
And I will personally thank Feyre for saving them. "

  AZRIEL WAS STILL groggy from sleep as he made his way to the kitchen, determined to make Nixie breakfast before her first training session

  He stopped in the archway, taking steps back to ensure what he was seeing was real.

  And it, in fact, was.

  Nixie and Mor, puddled in blankets and pillows, snoring loudly on the sofa in their living room.

  Mor was halfway under the blanket, arms lazily thrown wherever they stayed, and Nixie's head was tipped back, mouth open as snores erupted from it.

  "Do you think they were drinking?"

  Azriel couldn't stifle the small laugh at Cassian's question.

  "There's no evidence of it," He commented, "I'm glad she's getting good rest."

  Cassian's eyes shifted from the woman to Azriel, nodding his head slowly.

  "What?"

  "Nothing."

  Cassian patted a heavy hand on Azriel's shoulder before squeezing into the kitchen, leaving the man in a pool of confusion he had no interest in swimming out of.

☽ ☾

  Nixie awoke to a delicious smell, beckoning her from her and Mor's makeshift bed. The blonde herself was still deeply asleep, so Nixie carefully untangled their legs before padding towards the kitchen.

  A subconscious smile carved its way onto her features as she saw Azriel, his large frame, looming over a dish on the counter. He was working delicately, attempting to drizzle syrup onto what she assumed to be a stack of pancakes.

  "Are you preparing for our training?"

  Azriel jumped slightly, turning to face the woman.

  His heart skipped a beat, shadows reaching out quickly.

  She was so beautiful. Even still, thin and pale, a ghost of the Nixie he'd always know, she was beautiful.

  The braid was coming undone, her hair snaking out, but her eyes were so soft. So gentle, staring up at him, watching his face and his hands and every movement he made.

  "I figured we should eat breakfast beforehand," He stumbled over the words, "You'll need your strength if you intend on training with Cass again."

  Nixie let out a soft laugh as she nodded, approaching the man.

  "You're right about that one," She spoke, reaching around him to grab a pastry, "You aren't going to put me through the wringer with this flight training, are you?"