In A Dream That Couldn't Come True [We Grew A Flower That Couldn't Bloom]

NOTES & TRIGGER WARNINGS:

● TW: sexual harassment, implied nightmare disorder, rape, murder, morally grey characters, racist dialogue

● omega wonwoo x alpha reader arranged marriage au

● canon wonwoo (i tried writing him as canonically as i could considering the storyline and his character arc)

● subgenders are predetermined at birth

● idols' ages have been altered to suit the storyline {in the present (year 2019), wonwoo and the reader are both 21, while jeongguk is 19}

all alphas have a dick & a knot while all omegas have a pussy, therefore wonwoo is technically a trans male & the reader is technically a trans female

● betas can have either genitals, though they don't have a knot, nor do they generate slick

● the politics in this fic is just there to facilitate the storyline & none of it is based on any real-world politics

● it is possible to extract one's scent to use as a perfume over a scent-blocker

● jeon wonwoo is read as "jon won-oo"

~~~

All chatter immediately dies down the moment they hear his half-drunk slur.

"Why don't you touch me?" His voice comes out too emotional, too on-the-verge-of-tears, too much longing laced within his voice; not enough anger, not enough outrage.

He sees the first crack in your facade: a barely visible twitch of your lips before they stretch into a meticulously perfected smile.

"Ah, everyone, I apologize," You chuckle theatrically. "Your Luna here has had a little too much to drink."

You're trying to save the situation from spiralling, Wonwoo realizes with a huff, liquid courage egging him on till he spits the words trapped beneath his tongue for months now.

"What am I lacking, huh? Huh, Alpha? Why won't you ever look at me?" He erupts, words spilling over violently like red hot lava. "Why won't you ever touch me? Why won't you claim me? Why won't you mate me?!"

To be fair, Jeon Wonwoo is never hysterical. The hysterical omega stereotype is something he never understood due to his own calm, composed nature. He was never taught to lash out like this much less to expose their private life (the private life of the pack alpha and luna, no less) in front of their people, to embarass his alpha to such an extent. But it's not like he had any other option left.

And to be fair, things weren't always like this. You weren't always like this. Or maybe he was the fool who didn't notice. (He was.)

~~~

The first time he saw you, you were both twelve. Your posture had been void of any slouch- back straight, gait confident and shoulders squared. You were unlike any alpha Wonwoo had ever seen in his own pack. He'd always noticed a certain laziness in the alphas of his own pack, like they already knew they didn't need to do anything, their subgender enough of an achievement to make everyone else do their work for them (and happily! Wonwoo would huff in annoyance).