7 | Frappé

Sometimes, black and white are the only two shades you need in your life to make it a colourful one.

Six months ago, two souls had met in a small coffee shop they had never heard of. They had found an old crossword in an old newspaper stack and had decided to solve it. When they had finished, the young woman had asked for the young man's number.

One gloomy Sunday afternoon, a couple holding hands entered the shop. The man was a tall one, with brown twinkling eyes and black hair. The woman had expressive eyes; her light brown hair braided. They ordered two cups of frappé and sat down at the table beside the window.

Adaira and Aarav had decided to visit Estella's on their six-month anniversary. After all, it was the place which had seen the inception of their beautiful relationship. They chatted about old times – the murder mystery book, the broken plant, the sticky note... everything that was nothing but ordinary to the others; yet meant a lot to them. Suddenly, Aarav proposed an idea. "How about we solve another crossword?", he asked. Adaira smiled wide and said, "That's a good idea. Its fun to see you getting frustrated while trying to beat me in the competition." Aarav replied, "We will see who gets to complete it first then." He gently squeezed her hand and went towards the old newspaper stack. He looked at Estella, silently asking if he could take one. Estella smiled and nodded. He whispered a quick thank you and returned to his seat.

Who knew that a small coffee shop could brew such a great romance?

the end