Mei and Miriam ❤️💚

A/N: Thank you guys for all the reads already I meant really! But I want to hope right into this one so here we go!

3rd POV: Ever Since Mei came out to her friend group as bisexual a few weeks ago everyone has been accepting, well everyone except Miriam, it's not that she didn't support her but she just kept her distance ever since. Everyone thought she didn't feel comfortable with it but she was really, taking into consideration her own sexuality. See, Miriam always thought she likes girls but she never said anything because it was year 2002, she didn't want to be the outcast.

At Mei's House

Mei's POV: All of my friends, including Tyler, are all at my house for the weekend. Everyone just got here except for Miriam but until she arrives we started to talk about everyone's life.

"So Tyler, Do you have a crush?" I asked to Tyler as it was my turn to ask a question.

"Well..yeah" he said scratching his neck.

"Oh I have a question! Mei, who made you realize you were bisexual?" He said before sticking his tongue out at me.

Well the truth is I liked Miriam for a bit of time but I always pushed it off. But after me and my mom got closer and I was able to make some more of my own decisions, I realized that I really liked her. But I never told anyone she was the reason I realized this about myself because I didn't want to mess up our friendship.

"Well... Promise you guys won't say anything?" I said before getting approving nods from everyone in the circle. " Well if I'm being honest, I've.. I've kinda liked Miriam for some time" I said as I looked down at my fingers.

"MEI MEI YOUR FRIEND IS HERE" I heard my mom scream as Miriam opened my room door.

Miriam's POV: I opened the door to see a shocked Priya, Abby, and Tyler, looking at a blushing Mei.

"What did I miss?" I asked as I put my bag and shoes with the others in the corner, before sitting down in the circle that was formed on Mei's carpet.

"Oh n-othing! hehehe" Mei said while moving over to make room for me.

"Well anyways, Miriam we are asking questions, do you wanna go next?" Abby asked me.

"Sure" I said putting my hands behind my back "hit me with all you got"

"Ok well, why have you been so distant from us lately?" She asked while everyone nodded.

I knew this question was gonna pop up sooner or later but this is too soon.

"Well um, you know... Pffffft ha.. I've just been um working on my school work my grades of been getting kinda low.. eh" I said trying not to stutter as much as possible but miserably failing.

It was a little awkward until Tyler broke the silence with a ridiculous question and the mood went normal again.

That was a close one.

Time skip to later on in the night

Mei's POV: The whole group has been having so much fun talking, eating,and playing games, even though she was trying to be included I can see that Miriam felt distant. I got up and whispered in her ear and grabbed her hand and when outside my room door.

"Hey Miriam are you ok?" I asked her while still holding her hand.

"Yeah I'm fine Mei, she said as she pulled her hands to her sides.

" Look.. if your uncomfortable with my whole sexuality thing-" I said before getting cut off by Miriam.

"It's not that ok! Why don't you just quit bothering me will you?!"

I was a little taken it back. I felt tears build up in my eyes.

"I'm-  I'm so sorry Mei, I'll go sleep somewhere else.." she said, realizing what she did and ran down the hallway to my couch. As I ran back inside my room.

Miriam's POV: WHY WOULD I DO THAT?!? Thought start to take over my head until I felt a hand on my shoulder.
It was Mrs. Lee.

"Hey, are you ok? I saw what happened with you and Mei Mei." She said ask I sat up on the couch.

"If I'm being honest no, but I don't want to bother you with my stupid teenage problems I'll be fine." I said about to slump back into the couch.

"Look, I know I haven't been the nicest to you and I'm sorry, but holding things in isn't good for anyone, trust me I would know. So for ahead tell me what's wrong." She said giving me a reassuring smile.

I took a few deep breaths before I told her everything if been feeling when I'm near Mei and What I've been questioning about myself.

After I few moments of silence I hear a small happy squeak.

"It sounds like you have a crush on Mei Mei! Look here is what you should do-" she said explaining her plan.

A few seconds later I was knocking at Mei's door.

"Come in" I heard an angry Abby said.

I slowly opened the door to see anger faces and a sad Mei curled up in Priya's arms.

"Mei, can we talk for a second..alone." I asked scratching the back of my head.

"Anything you can say to her you can say to us too!" Abby said before getting interrupted by Mei getting off the bed. "It's ok Abby, come on Miriam, let's go on the front stairs outside."

It was a nice night outside, the nice purple and blue ombre sky with glimmering stars.

"So what did you want to talk to me about" Mei said, turning her attention towards me.

"Look Mei" I said, grabbing her hands, "I'm really sorry for how I acted earlier, I know I've been distant, I know I haven't been supportive when you needed me to be but he truth is, Mei I really like you and I was just scared to tell you because-" My speech was interrupted by Mei's soft lips kissing me, I kissed her back and quickly broke the kiss. I looked at her and smiled as she laid her head on my lap as I put my arm around her. It was silent, but it was a nice silence. It didn't last long because us completely forgetting the window is almost right on top of the stairs got startled when we heard all our friends cheering us on as we chuckled and went Inside. Hand and hand

The End <3

I know y'all be seeing the way Miriam looks at Mei 😍 anyways thank you for actually reading my fanfic 😁