1

The sun was out today, not a normal sight in rainy Seattle, yet the firefighter takes this as nature's way of telling him to just get out and do something different for a change.

It was early in the morning, his inner clock was still in work mode, it was a little difficult to stay in bed for a little while longer. So he just got out of bed and decided to just put his bike to use and exercise for the day.

No plan, nothing to eat on his backpack, only the desire to feel the wind on his face and forget the mess his life was on.

Cycling in the city was something he always liked, feeling the wind, discovering new places, and not being in a rush, the opposite of his work. Passing the river and arriving at the Botanical Arboretum Park, he decides to stop and buy something from the bakeries around and enjoy the nature in the park.

Without even noticing, Travis's mind began to wander to the last years of his life. The passing of Michael was the big event that started the snowballing of his life's downfall. He knew that he gave up on himself after that.

Travis knows that he actually is only alive because Vic was his rock... he guesses that maybe he was only living for her to the day.

His other relationships were nothing but a way for the release of his desires, as awful as that may sound. All of those one nights, the short relationships, his need to make his new lovers the image of the one he lost... it was not fair the none of the people involved.

Even his relationship with Emmett was, although different, just his way of replacing Michael...

He finally admits to himself, Vic was right, all the problems in his life were linked to this. The firefighter knows it, yet he doesn't know how to change, and how to move on. People all around him go through the same things yet they get themselves together... he just doesn't know how to do that.

Now depressed with the self-confirmation that he is the cause of his life rollercoaster, Travis decides to try and forget those dark thoughts.

The exercise is welcomed and takes his mind away from his spiraling mind. After some time, he was coming back to the starting point, after going around the park when he sees someone that he recognized.

One of the doctors of the Grey Sloan Hospital, the one that caught his eye at that bar accident... the one who helped him save the woman struck in the car... the one that was by Lucas's side and saved him! Vic has talked about him sometimes.

Travis remembers how awkward he was at that time of the bar accident and how he flourished in the last years, becoming a doctor that he would trust the people he brings to the hospital.

Schimtt, he remembers. Not an American name... Was he European?

Deciding to talk with the younger, Travis cycles to his side.

-Doctor Schmitt, nice to see you here!

-Firefighter Montgomery, isn't it? - Levi is startled at first, but after seeing who was talking to him relaxed - I see I'm not the only one enjoying the weather!

-Well, it's a rare sight... and being away from the everyday life is also good! - Travis can't help but look at the younger man. The sports outfit fits the youngest well.

After the latest fight with Emmett, the pair decided to split and now a free man, Travis doesn't feel bad for looking at the young Doctor... Yet, remembering what conclusion he had just made, he decides, that maybe being just friends would be enough.

-Should we? - Travis asks, inviting the other to cycle together.

-Oh yes, I was going back... the company would be appreciated.

So the two decide to go back together at a slowers pace, side by side, talking about different topics.