•|1|•

Word count: 1250
"Y/N, I dare you to go back to school and find the ghost that haunts it!" Melissa said enthusiastically.
Obviously it was a ploy to get me to leave but I'm not a wimp and I already chose dare so there kinda was no turning back now.
"Fine." I said getting up and grabbing my school bag. "I'll do it. And if you don't believe me use the find my friends app." I headed over to the door and closed it behind me. It had started raining as soon as I had left the house. Great! This is perfect! I totally wanted rain on a cold dark night while I walk back to the hell known as school. I cursed to myself. It was just my luck that I happened to leave as the rain started to pour down. Then again I never had the best luck anyways. I work a part time job at a cafe with customers that aren't the best. And every time I go to do something, there always some phenomenon that occurs to make my day worse. But it's not too bad. The job pays well and sometimes the weather works in my favor. This dare did too. I had realized all too late that I had forgotten some of my homework in the art room. So now I can go get it! I picked up the pace and made it to school in the usual time that I do. My home was never far from all the schools I went to. I checked if the door was opened and it seemed it was as the last few people in the school, mostly the staff weren't done closing up yet. I tapped on the window and asked to be let in.
"Sure dearie! But be quick because the school is getting locked up soon!" The school secretary said to me. She was always one of my favorite staff members, plus she's my aunt so bonus points!
"Thank you, Auntie! I'll be quick, I promise!" I called and ran slightly into the school. I couldn't full on run because I might trip and the last time that happened it was in front of everyone. So I'm not trying to recreate that embarrassing moment even if no one is around to see it. Except for the ghost of course. Supposedly the rumors said that the ghost's name Zavier and he had died within this school. No one knows how though. And you would think that the media would jump at this rumor if it were true. But no body takes it seriously. So I have reason to believe it's fake. Most rumors are anyways. I slipped into the art room and found my science homework. Well I have some time to work...let's get this shit out of the way! Maybe I can do some extra work on my art project! I made up my mind and walked into an empty classroom. I sat down, pulled out a pencil, and got to work. Minutes turned into hours and when I finally finished my dilemma known as homework and put all my things away, I glanced at a clock. 15 minutes to 10? Damn I was here for a while! I got up and walked to the door of the classroom to leave. Find the ghost, go home it's simple! Let's get it done! I walked into a different classroom and pulled up my phone flashlight. Suddenly the door I left open slammed shut. I turned and walked over to the door to try and open it. It wouldn't budge. Is this some kind of sick joke? I just want to go home. I pushed at the door harder, but to no avail. I was trapped. Why not try banging on the door? Maybe someone will hear you! Yes! That's a great idea, me! I know I'm the best. I banged on the door a bit.
"Hey! Can anybody hear me?" No answer. I banged a bit louder and raised my voice. "HEY! CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME?! THIS-"
"CAN YOU SHUT UP?!" A voice boomed. "Can't a guy Rest In Peace? I thought you guys were done with that rumor!" I whirled around to see a boy about my age or maybe a year older hovering over a desk with an annoyed expression. "Well? Don't look at me like that. You look stupid." STUPID?! Okay I can vibe with someone telling me to stop looking them. Sure okay! But 'You look stupid.' REALLY?! I was not having it.
"JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE CALLING ME STUPID?!" I shouted.
"No. Who do you think you are disturbing someone else's resting place." He said. I clamped my mouth shut. He was right. "Go on. You can apologize right now. And maybe I'll let you off with a light sentence."
"Fine. I'm sorry for disturbing your rest. Can I go now? I just wanna go home." I said, tired. I was done with this dare. As soon as I got back I was going to punch Melissa in the face right where it hurts.
"Unfortunately I'm going to have to punish you. I can just let you off this easy." The ghost boy said with a smug smirk on his face. I gritted my teeth and said nothing. Saying anything else could make it worse. "So for your punishment...I'll haunt you until I'm satisfied with your apology. Of course you can also gather a bunch of things that will most definitely bring me back from the dead." Was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell.
"Fine. Okay. I accept! But just let me go home! I have a punch to the face I need to deliver." I said impatiently. The ghost clicked his tongue in disapproval but obliged and let me leave. I walked in the rain back to the dreaded "sleepover" at my house. I opened the door and slipped of my shoes. "I'm back..."
"OMG! You're back! So how did it-"
"Respectfully shut up, Melissa. And go home, all of you. Party's over." I deadpanned. I just wanted to take a nice long nap. With a lot of groaning and muttering the group packed up.
"There's no need to be a buzz kill, Y/N. But if you're that exhausted, we understand! See you at school!" Melissa said. The group left and I locked the door behind them.
"Finally!" I sighed out of relief.
"Do you dislike them that much? I mean you invited them to your home and everything." The ghost piped up.
"Who was talking to you? And also if you must know, I didn't invite them of my own accord." I said turning to him. "Also mr. ghost that haunts me, what  good does it do haunting me? I already have terrible luck. Do you have to make it worse?"
"My name is Zavier. You know this? And no I'm not making your luck worse. Just go to bed or something and I can explain after school. That seems better also because you're working on the art thingy after school so I'll see you there anyways."
"I have no intention to stay after school longer than I have to." I told Zavier coming out of the bathroom and climbing under my sheets.
"How about this? I'll give you the answers to your homework?" Zavier said. I nodded my approval and shifted so my body was facing away from him. "Perfect! Night then, Y/N."
"G'night."

A/N: Idk I'm trying something new after seeing a writing prompt on TikTok. And obviously I got motivation from it and wrote this. Probs not gonna update for like a month- also sorry short chapter Bye good night it's like 12 in the morning and I should sleep.