~*Chapter 6*~

The time of the mission

It was time for Jack and I's mission together. I hope this mission will distract me from this Toby and Clockwork mess. To be honest, I need to stop thinking of ways of distracting myself from those two, it's only making me think about them more.

I was outside waiting for Jack, I was wearing my grey hoodie, my skinny jeans, my red converses which are hanging on by a thread (they are badly worn down),
my black mask and of course, my hammer. He came out not before long, wearing the same clothes he was wearing hours before. I didn't complain though, I honestly don't care about what Jack wears I just want this mission over with so I can go to bed.

We walked deep in the forest, heading our way to Madeline's dead daughter's home. Jack was holding a gps, which had the house's address in it, and he has his full attention on it. He didn't let his eyes off the gps, only to watch out for trees. I, on the other hand, was just whistling the whole time out of boredom.

"Hey, Y/n, can you please stop whistling? It's very distracting." I stopped whistling and rolled my eyes, it took us 20 minutes to get to the house. When I first saw it, it gave me a sense of nostalgia. Which freaked me out. I don't even remember being in this house before, like at all.

"Okay, so Boss told me that he wants you to kill Madeline. And he wants me to be on lookout. I don't know why." Jack said, taking out his own file from under his hoodie and reading through it one last time. I gave him a weird look. Usually Boss never plans who kills who and who does lookout for us, this mission is super weird.

"Oh, well... I guess I will see you after I kill her. But you're going to be the one to drag the body all the way to Boss's office, not me!" And I broke the window and climbed in before Jack responded. Serves him right for telling me to stop whistling.

I heard the muffled scream of a middle aged woman, and that told me where she was at. That wasn't smart of her. However, I knew my way around the house. It was like I lived here before... weird.

I got to the room she was at and bursted in, hammer in hand. She screamed again, tears where streaming down her face. "No! No, please don't do this! Please! I promise I won't tell the cops, just please don't hurt me!"

For the first time, I felt guilty for ending a life. It was like I knew this woman, that me and this woman had a strong bond, for some reason this is hurting my soul. What is it about her?

When she wiped her eyes and looked at me once again, she cried even harder. "Y/n? Y/n! Is that you? Please don't do this! It's me, your mother! Please put the hammer down and come back home."

I was frozen like a deer looking at headlights. What the hell is this woman talking about? "What the fuck are you talking about? And why do you know my fucking name?" Madeline sniffled once again, and wiped the tears under her eyes. She attempted to straighten herself up, but she was still too shook up to do so. "Y-You don't remember me? I'm your mother!"

Half of me wanted to believe her. I mean, well I don't even remember my parents. Boss just told me they died from a tragic car accident and that he "saved" me by taking me to the mansion. But Boss wouldn't just lie to me.. right? My parents are surely dead.

I just sighed and lowered my hammer. "My parents are dead. They died from some car accident." Madeline gave me some sort of look. It was that time of look that people give you when you say some thing that obviously wasn't true and or stupid or both. "Sweetie, what are you talking about? Part of that is true, your dad did pass from a car accident 2 weeks ago but I wasn't in the car with him when it happened. Who told you that?"