ten

T E N - P A R T Y   G I R L

"lil' mama a party girl. she just wanna have fun, too. they say you ain't wifey type, but i don't care, i want you."

---

Halloween – the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it. I spent weeks deciding on the perfect costume for the Halloween party before settling on Cat Woman. Fez tried to get me to tell him what I was going as, but I chose to keep it a secret in favor of surprising him tonight. My hair was down, falling in loose golden waves, and my face was partially covered by a black leather mask with cat ears protruding from the top. I wore a black leather bodysuit with a tail attached that zipped in the front with a large opening around my chest and sleeves that allowed my shoulders to be exposed while my arms stayed covered. Paired with a black choker, fishnet tights, and knee-high black leather boots, it was safe to say that I felt incredibly sexy.

Before Jules showed up to walk me to the party, I decided to have some fun with Fez. Posing in front of my mirror, I tilted my phone horizontally and took a picture of my outfit that only showed the bodysuit, before turning around to get a picture from the back. With no other context, I sent the two pictures to Fez, walking down the stairs to sit outside while I waited for his reply.

fezco <3: so that's what u doin? i still owe u smth from that day at the school

don't start smth u aint gon finish, sunshine

I smiled, grabbing my signature Cat Woman whip from the couch. My mom was working tonight which was a relief because I know if she saw my outfit, I would never be allowed outside again. The doorbell rang, and I threw the front door open to find Kat, Rue, and Jules on my doorstep. Kat was dressed as Thana from Ms. 45, while Jules was dressed as Claire Danes from Romeo and Juliet, and it appeared that Rue was dressed as Marlene Dietrich from Morocco. Jules was also seemingly intoxicated as she stared at me with a large smile. I smiled at both, although Rue and I hadn't really spoken since that night at Fezco's house weeks ago.

"Holy shit, Sophia," Jules squealed. "You look fucking hot, like a sexy dominatrix." I laughed loudly, shaking my head, and stepping outside before locking the door.

"You guys look hot too!" I squealed back. Jules grabbed Kat's hand on her right side, and my hand on her left and interlocked our fingers as we walked down the stairs, and after a moment of hesitation, I held my free hand out to Rue. She stared at me for a moment before taking it. "You look good, Rue."

"Thanks, I—thanks." She gave me a weak smile. I tilted my head at her and she gave a curt nod toward Jules. It was then that I noticed what was bothering Rue – Jules, who I had rarely ever seen intoxicated, was wasted and the party hadn't even begun.

"Have you talked to Fez?"

"I haven't. I want to but I don't think he'd want to hear what I have to say." She wouldn't meet my eyes.

"He does," I promised softly. "He loves you, Rue. You should talk to him; I know it'd make him really happy."

"Let's not talk about sad stu—stuff," Jules hiccupped. "It's Halloween, we're supposed to be partying."

"The plan is to get fucked up tonight," Kat agreed. Rue was silent, and I knew it was a push on her sobriety to be here tonight and see Jules getting wasted without her. Out of respect for her, I didn't reply. Sure, I planned to get fucked up too, but I didn't need to rub it in her face. It wasn't long before we approached Lexi and Cassie's house, where Lexi threw open the door to greet us. Dressed in an afro coupled with a fake beard and button-up shirt, we stared at her in confusion.