KABANATA 27

Kabanata 27

Nagising ako sa hospital, I saw everyone here and I was stunned to see my daughter. My daughter was lying down on the hospital bed next to me.

"Oh God, please help my daughter. Not my daughter, please?"

Seeing my daughter who's unconscious with a lot of machines connected to her made me weak. I couldn't stop myself from crying, ang sakit sakit.

It made me weak, she's my strength... Siya na lang ang pinagkukuhanan ko ng lakas tapos makikita ko pa siya sa ganitong lagay. I was really mad yet I couldn't do anything. Doctor ako pero hindi ko kayang mag-isip at gamitin ang mga pinag aralan ko para mapabuti ang kalagayan ng anak ko.

I was just here crying beside her, I didn't care about the people around us. I just sat there and cry, funny it is that instead of doing something I'm just here crying and begging for her to wake up.

"Kari, get up. Mag-uusap pa tayo sa mga nangyari. Lia and Liam will stay here to monitor on Jillian." Papa told me.

I immediately got up, inalalayan naman ako ni Kaelius sa pagtayo at paglakad ko sa likod nila. We stopped in front of Conference Room here in our hospital, my forehead crease when I saw Ieran's family sitting inside the room.

"What are they doing here, Kaelius?" I asked him with irritation.

"Kailangan sila para sa kaso na 'to, Ate." Walang paligoy-ligoy nasagot nito.

Kaso? Wait, what? It wasn't an accident? Mas lalong kumulo ang dugo ko, but I need my composure. Ayokong maging padalos dalos lalo na't nasa hospital kami at ang malala pa ay dito ako nag t trabaho.

Agad akong umupo sa tabi ni Irene at Franz na pinagsisihan ko agad dahil ang kaharap ko ay si Ieran. Wala ako sa mood makpagbangayan ngayon, my daughter's my top priority as of the moment. I swear to God, I would kill that person if it was intentional.

"You okay, Kari?" Francine asked me while holding my hands.

I have her a reassuring smile and put my other above her hand as a response. We smiled to each other.

I look at Ieran's side and saw how Achi's fist clenched upon seeing pregnant Francine beside me. Oh, is he the father? Maybe not. Tangina rin kasi nitong pinsan ko. Mag bestfriend nga talaga sila nung katabi niya.

He somehow felt my gaze and bore his eyes into mine, tinaasan ko 'to ng kilay habang seryoso itong nakatingin sa akin. Hindi ako nagpatalo, tila ba nagkaroon kami ng staring constest. We broke our so called starimg when Tito Prudence started talking.

"Andito naman na tayong lahat, let's start shall we?" Tito Prudence started.

Ieron was behind him preparing some papers and working on some presentation.

"First and foremost, this is not just a simple case. It involves a lot of persons, it's us versus the Natividad's and Moralejo's. As we all know, Velasquez', Ronquillo's, Gonzales', Natividad's and Moralejo's was friends back then. Our ancestors was the best of friends not until the Ronquillo-Gonzales' matrimony took place." I was listening attentively, so I could get a gist of these events in our life. Kung bakit pati ang anak ko ay nadamay sa gulong ito.

"From the V's the highest to the G's, N's, M's and R's. Natividad and Moralejo's greed to make the Velasquez go to their side they became too personal. Kahit na hindi mo kamag-anak basta may apilyidong, Gonzales and Ronquillo ay inilalagay nila ito sa peligro—worst case is death. To tell you honestly, we don't like the idea of merging of families. Lalo na't muntik na tayong mawalan ng anghel." Tito Prudence spoke.