Decision Made

Adelaide

"Has he talked to you about his decision?" Kieran asks and I shake my head going over the casualty reports again checking to make sure every last one is accounted for. "Did you notice the full moon on your neck at the base of your skull?"

"Myrram says it is my Goddess mark. Iris searched every book and nothing has ever happened like this before? She called Esme and Esme hasn't seen or heard anything either." I say with a sigh dropping the papers and looking at Kieran who was sitting across the desk from me patiently waiting. "I know what he thinks, he wants to stay because I make him ensured and there would be no going against a King with a Goddess Queen. I am not just a piece of meat with a higher price than others."

"You are far from that, however; does he know that if he rejects you he is stripped of his title?" Kieran asks, I know Kieran doesn't mean it to be selfish, but he is worried that the man isn't thinking clearly. I think all of us are beginning to worry that he has lost his mind.

"I don't know anything about what he knows... Kieran, do you think after two mates the Goddess will probably make me alone?" I ask knowing it's an unusual question from me, probably out of character. Being here at the Summit has made me soft like before Torryn's rejection. However, unlike then, I've seen far worse things and understand the atrocities that were committed against me. Kill me if he must, but I will not bow down to a King who puts his needs first over the nation.

"I don't know. I don't believe she will, when you were a vessel for her she said something. Something about protecting you and your heirs. You must produce heirs eventually." He mentions and I remember that, my mouth saying the words but not my voice or my control. It's an odd thing to be completely numb in your own body as it acts for you. "She's not cruel Addi."

"I wonder." I shrug and blow out a harsh breath becoming annoyed at all the paperwork. "Have the prison changes gone well, taken any effect?" I asked and he shook his head softly.

"Roman won't accept that they are in need of change. He hasn't signed off on any of the revisions." Kieran adds to his response which didn't make me feel any better. Roman is so clueless to the situations in the pack. "I think you should take time and go to each pack, help them make the changed manually. Who would disagree with the Queen?"

"My fear is that I'll go, they'll change it for my stay and then all will return to normal." I admit and Kieran hums agreeing that there is a possibility that it could happen. "I should go hear what it is his decision is." Anger licks at me at the idea of him and his state. He's such a baby Royal, is obvious. I empathize with how hard his parents deaths rocked him, but it gave him no right to grow into this.

"Let me know if I can be of any assistance." Kieran smiles warmly and gives me a squeeze of reassurance on my shoulder before seeing himself out of the office.

I curse him silently, that leaves me to find Roman. This isn't difficult as he hides himself in our old chambers quite often. He comes out pretends to be the most superior King and then hides himself away.

It's difficult with the people of the Summit seeing that their King is absent except for the male pride walks he takes twice a day. The council is the most concerned, they push for me to make up our differences, but I can't seem to force myself into that. I know I should do what is best for the country. I'm not so sure that it is Roman Theron. He isn't what is best for me anymore.

I find myself outside the familiar doors quicker than I wished. The doors are closed as always and my hope is that the doors are unlocked. I press my hand to the knob and turn silently cheering as the knob gives and the door pushes open.