Starry Night

Summary - Amato and Boboiboy aren't able to sleep and what's better than spending time with each other.

Angst and Fluff

Request by Disney1706
...........................................................

2:23 am Tempur-A Headquarters

It has been 3 months since the fight with retakka. TAPOS is getting build again but for the time being all the TAPOS members would resist in Tempur-A.

I checked the hologram clock near my desk it was 2:23 am. I didn't felt like sleeping today, I really need to stop drinking too coffee...

I glanced sideways, ochobot was still sleeping/charging. That's good. He already spends too much time worrying about me. Pulling the sheets I got off from the bunk bed, Gopal was sleeping above me. He's a heavy sleeper so he won't wake up any soon.

Leaving the room I headed towards the cafeteria. Grabbing a cup of coffee, I really need to stop with this addiction. The air in tempur-A wasn't anything like earth, it felt so forgien..
I went towards the huge glass windows to get a better look at the stars. It looks ethereal. Something you don't see often on earth. Perks of being a superhero huh?

I heard some light footsteps coming towards me. My body quickly stiffened. Who would be up at this hour? Then again I am awake myself..

" You're still awake ? " A tall man with messy black hair and grey streaks. Who holds the rank of general and title of Mechamato. Out of habit I quickly greeted him with the signature TAPOS salute.

" yes general amato " I bowed my head as a sign of respect but carefully enough not to spill my coffee.
I missed the found smile he gave me.
" Cut the formality, we aren't working right now " He laughed while ruffling my hair which caused me to giggle

" So what's my lil hero up to? " He went towards the coffee machine to brew a cup for himself. I made myself comfortable on one of the chairs looking out the window.
" I couldn't sleep "
" Oh " he raised one of his eyebrow and sat beside me " Nightmares? " I kept my head down from embarrassment and nodded
" Earth's mightiest superhero scared from some Petite Nightmares? " He scoffed earning an unamused expression from me.

Silence fell over. There was a small buzzing sound in the atmosphere probably from the engines. I took a sip off my coffee thinking of some way to start the conversation again as the silence felt too awkward. Fortunately for me he started talking again.
" what were the nightmare about? " He glanced towards me hoping to get an answer
" Retakka " I didn't bothered to explain much as I was sure he already got the whole report from eiether commander kokochi or general maskamana or some other higher up I am not aware about
" Nightmares are pretty common in our line of work "

Silence fell over again. I gathered up the courage to ask maybe it was a little rude of me since he was my senior but I needed answers.

" Why didn't you save me? "

He's a general. He can order me to go on a suicide mission and I have to follow but why would a father let the weight of the whole world be carried by such small shoulders

I was 10 when I received powers from ochobot 'Elemental Manipulation' the power to manipulate 7 Elements.
Too many life-death situations.
Too many betrayals.
Too many scars.

Every day I would sleep with no Greentree that I would be able to see the sun tommorow.
Every Mission could be our last.
Every Time spend together could be our last.
Every Goodbye could be our last.

Don't get me wrong I love TAPOS and am willing to die for the sake of Everyone.
But I Just want to hear from him-

" Tell me Dad why didn't you save me? You could have defeated retakka couldn't you? Then why did you left me on my own? Why was I burdened with such a heavy responsibility since 5 years? "

He looked surprised but quickly composed himself. He placed the cup down and sighed.

" Cause I believed in you "
No, that's not what I expected. Why? I have made too many mistakes, I endangered my friends and Everyone too many times, I can't even be a good leader..
I wanted to cry and scream and burst all my...
My what? Anger? Frustration? Sadness? I don't know

" You are a good leader never doubt yourself. Yes, you made a lot of mistakes but you also learned and redeemed for them. You put the safety of others before you. It was hard but you went past all the difficulties
I am proud of you boboiboy "

A single tear dropped my right eye
My hands were shaking I had so much more to say but couldn't.
He embraced myself to a hug. Moving his fingers through my hair affectionately. Infront of the cold temperature the hug was warm

' It felt like home '

I soon fell asleep on his shoulder

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello~
It's me your local neighborhood psycopath author
So how was it ? 👀

Oh btw I am a digital artist too
These are my insta Accounts
@/Celestialbunie ( for fanarts )
@/Celestebunie ( for OCS )

Please support me there too

Requests are open so you can comment for any one shot you want to read :)

Votes, comments and follows are appreciated ❤️

GoodBye