Chapter 04

Warning!

-Blood

-Abuse

Sierra's POV

Agriche's Mansion

It's been a year since I first move into this estate.

Everything was going well for the first few months, Lant and I have a pretty good relationship. We didn't fight at all, he was pretty chill about the arranged marriage.

I was scared at first since The Agriches is known as a villainous family but there's nothing that seemed unordinary... yet.

After 5 months of our marriage ceremony, Lant was getting anxious about not having an heir yet. I was scared to disappoint him so I told him he can get another wife.

Polygamy and incest is common in this family, so I know that sooner or later he will bring in new wives. He was just being considerate of me since he doesn't want to evoke Claude's anger.

After a year, I was pregnant and my estimated delivery date is in a few weeks. I thought Lant would be happy for me but that wasn't the case, he was anxious.

I had a suspicion that he wanted to bring in a wife to the mansion, however I wasn't expecting him to bring in an illegitimate son as well.

Lant told me the truth that he had someone he's pursuing to carry his child. At the time, he wasn't expecting an arranged marriage from the royal family. Unable to decline, he decided to delay his proposal to lady of his choice.

With that explanation, Lant introduces me to Lady Luwelton, the only daughter of Marquess Luwelton and their 1 year old son, Callen Deu Agriche.

After greeting eachother and exchanging a few questions. It was time for Lady Luwelton and her son to go home.

A week after Sierra's first son, Theodore Agriche was born, a wedding between Duke of Agriche and Lady of Luwelton family was held.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Theodore's POV

A few years later

"Baby, do you know that your beautiful black hair and bright red eyes are the envy of the other wives?"

Mother spoke while stroking my hair affectionately.

"It's a shame you aren't the first son, but it's okay. Mother's side of the family can give you anything you want, we'll protect you."

Mother had a bitter smile when she said that.

"Mama, it's fine. I'm a big boy now! I'm already five years old. I can protect mama now!"

I assured my mother by cupping her face with my hands. My mother just giggled at me. Sure enough, she doesn't believe me.

Sitting on mother's lap I can clearly see her face up close. Her beautiful light blonde hair, bright sky blue eyes.. the ones that you would get lost in. I will never understand why father would marry his other wives when he already got such a beautiful lady as his wife.

"Theo, what's with the sour face?"

"Huh? Nothing mama, I'm just sad that I didn't get to have mama's hair and eyes."

"Why would you be sad baby? You're so handsome."

"No I just look like father. I wished I could be beautiful like you."

"Don't say that baby, your father is so happy that you took after him."

"Father already have Callen, he looks exactly like him! Even Marianne looks like him!"