Chapter 06

Chapter 4 has a slight change. But it's a major change for the plot!

Sorry for going way for so long, I've just finished my exams earlier this week.

But anyway enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Theodore's Pov

It's been a few hours since I've been standing here. Being the star of the ball is definitely not easy, greetings the guest, forcing laughters and faking smiles, maintaining a perfect example of the Agriches. It's all so tiring.

I want to eat cake, play around and actually enjoy my birthday party. Not standing here is this stuffy place entertaining people like a clown.

I looked around to find something that could ease my boredom, then that's when I saw my maternal family.

I quickly make my way to Uncle Anastacius and Uncle Claude. I excitedly greets them,

"May the blessings and glory of the Obelian Empire always be with you, your majesty the emperor and good evening your grace."

I bowed down gracefully before looking up and giving them a smile.

"Rise, Theo. What's with the formalities?"

His majesty Claude answered indifferently like always. His grace Anastacius chimed in with a smile,

"We're family Theo, no need to be this formal. Especially on your birthday."

As soon as I heard the sweet voice of Uncle Anas, I immediately break free from my posture and hugged them.

Uncle Anas happily returns the hug while Uncle emperor just looks at me awkwardly.

"How are you enjoying your birthday so far Theo?"

Uncle anas asked while patting my head.

"It's pretty boring, there's nothing fun to do"

I pouted slightly while hugging Uncle Anas who loves showering me with affections and attention. Something Lant Agriche barely does. Uncle Anas just chuckles.

"Don't worry, Theo. You'll get used to it soon."

We ended up talking for so long that I forgot my duty to greet the other guests. Just before I could go back to my place, I could hear someone call out to me.

"Happy birthday my nephew."

My eyes was wide open when I heard the soft calm voice of an adult male. I turned around to find the owner of the voice.

"UNCLE RUBEN!"

I excitedly greeted him as I went to hug him. He lets out a giggle before hugging me back tightly.

"I thought you couldn't make it."

Tears were forming in my eyes as I buried my face in my chest. It's been so long since I saw him. Unlike the other two uncles, Uncle Rubenio lives in the Elmir Empire which in pretty far from the Obelia Empire.

"I prepared in advance this time so I could attend your birthday."

Uncle Ruben answered as gentle as he always does.

"Well, isn't that sweet, your grace Duke Seya?"

Uncle Anas called out from behind me with his arms crossed. As usual he wears this annoyed expression whenever he saw Uncle Ruben.

"Ah, the GrandDuke of Gold Obelias. Good evening."

Uncle Ruben just smiles while answering Uncle Anas. You can even see the sparks whenever they lock eyes, and trust me those aren't good sparks.