Chilled

The next morning i woke up to the smell of eggs,bacon and pancakes. I hurried and got dressed so i could eat breakfast. When I got downstairs Nicki was putting our food on the plates she had laid out on the counter. I sat down and made myself a plate.

"Morning"

'Morning Nicki" I said smiling right after I said that.

" What are you all smiley for?"She asked looking at me

"Oh nothing" I said beginning to eat

"Mhmm so what time is your dad coming?"

"At one"

"Anything you two doing today?"

"Yeah, why so many questions?"

"Just wondering"

"Ok" I finished eating my breakfast and drunk some orange juice. After finishing everything i went to my room to pick out a better outfit. i felt like being casually lazy so i put on a blue tank with jeans and vans. i knew nicki would say cover myself up so i put on a little cover jacket. I sprayed some of my favorite perfume on and did my hair. A few minutes later I heard the dorrbell ring. I ran downstairs and I would have given my dad a hug, but him and Nicki were doing a side hug. Sure, I was alittle surprised by it ,but I didn't really mind.

"Shouldn't I be first to get a hug?" I say interrupting them.

"Sorry Lyric" he says coming over to give me a hug and kiss.

"So what are you two doing today?"

"We are going to dave&busters" he says

"Cool" she says

"Ready?" he asks walking towards the door.

"Yes" I reply. I gave Nicki a hug and kiss then left out the door with him. Before I got into the passengers side Nicki came out and asked if I had my phone. I said yes then we left. He drove us to the ice skatium and we got out. I forgot that the last time we went ice skating I left my skates in the car. So all I could do was get them and go inside. My dad paid for us to get in and we sat on the bench to put on our skates. After that we went to skate, while we were me and my dad just kept talking about things.

"You know your mom liked ice skating alot when were teens?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'd call and ask what she'd want to do and she would always suggest this,until i told her i was getting bored" he says just before chuckling. Me and him skated around alittle more then we made it into a competition. We raced eachother on the ice to see who could do three laps in three minutes. Ofcoarse, I won! he seemed tired so we sat down and took our skates off then ordered two cheeseburgers and fries.

"You know you're fast like your mom?"

"Really?"

"Yes, she would show me up kind of like how you did"

All I could do was laugh then he joined in with me. Soon after us talking the waitress came back with our food. She looked alittle annoyed as she was delivering food to other tables while we were eating. It kind of reminded me of that one interview nicki did a long time ago with Jay Leno when she was talking about the whole bread thing when she was waitressing. i didn't realize i was laughing on the outside until my dad said something. I just shook my head and finished eating with him. Once we were done me and him left. As we were in the car "neva end" was playing by Future and Kelly Rowland. The song went off right when we pulled up to the gate of the house. I pushed in the code to it and after it opened he pulled up to the house. He got out the car with me and walked me to the door. Nicki opened opened it as she seen us step onto the walk way to the door.

"Have fun?"

"Yes, it was fun"

"I hope so"

"That's good to hear"

"Guess I'll see you next time Lyric" he says giving me a hug.

"Okay, bye dad" I say hugging back

Nicki's POV:

As i'm seeing Lyric and her dad hug all I could think was why doesn't she call me mom yet? I know she said to give her time, but I would like for her to come out of that shell where she is just uncomfortable. I mean, I just wanna feel as if she's proud to call me mom I guess. Anyways, after they were done hugging Brian(Lyric's dad) left and we both went inside. Lyric went straight upstairs to her room. for some reason it seems as if after she's with her dad she seems to like to be distant from me. Atleast, thats what I see. I just continued walking to my room as well and layed across my bed and got back onto my laptop. A few minutes later Lyric walked in with her pj's on and sat on my bed.

"Nicki why do you have such a big bed?"

"I liked how big it was so I can stretch and whatnot"

"And whatnot?"

"Just to have one,basically"

"Oh"

"Are you bored?"

"kind of"

"Anything you wanna do?"

"Not really?"

"Anything you wanna discuss?"

"N-Actually yeah!"

"What?"

"What was up with that hug?"

"Oh nothing, it was just a friendly hug"

"Some hug"

" And what's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing, Im going to bed, I have school tommorow" I said getting up from my spot on the bed

"Mhmm okay, night barb"

She gave me a hug then left to bed. I wonder what she meant by what she said. im not gonna stress over it though. I need to get some sleep anyways. i turned my laptop off and got underneathe my covers then went to be as well.