5

Stand up, get dressed, shower, brush her teeth, eat breakfast, out the door, the same as every prior and the same as all of the upcoming days will be. Yesterday was a blur for Hope, after what happened she wasn't really in her head, she was hurt. Her friends left her because she liked a guy they didn't. She found herself wishing that it was all a dream, wishing that she would get to school and they would be there, waiting by the vending machines, however she knew deep down they wouldn't be.

           "it's for the best," she began to tell herself "if they don't want you to be happy then its good that they left." but these positive self talk things didn't work she missed her friends and that's all she could say about that

         Her bus ride was dreary, she played music to try to get herself more 'chipper', but to no avail. She didn't understand. They had all been such supportive friends the rest of the time she knew them, which frankly wasn't very long, but they had gotten close. Maybe what they say about friends you click with immediately is true. Losing so many people all at once isn't something Hope was used to, she better get used to it quick to survive this week

         Hope walks into the school, she glances at the vending machines, they are empty, always have been, and no-one is there waiting. It all sets in, they actually abandoned her over this, this idiotic, childish, whatever it was. She walked to her locker where her friends all kept their things in and found it mostly empty, they had broken into her locker, taken everything that wasn't Hopes, including various gifts that she ever took home, and they left.

          Her legs began to move, she didn't know where she was going but she felt determined to go there. Hope moved around the school, on her way to go somewhere, she found herself at the doors of he library. She did not want to enter but her subconscious was already inside. Legs shaking, she crept over to where he usually sat and read. The Kool-Aid Man was yet to arrive but she knew without a doubt he would be there. So, she sat down, and she waited. With nothing better to do and sill  good 45 minutes before class started, the time went by and she started to get worried. In reality it had only been 5 minutes however with the thoughts racing through her head and the world around her moving in slow motion, it is difficult to pin the blame on Hope for her less than amazing sense of time. 

          As The Kool-Aid man walked towards her, a confused look washed across his face, he may have been blushing but since he is naturally an extremely bright shade of red, that shall remain a mystery.

           "Hello? can I help you?" The Kool-Aid Man inquired. Hope hadn't prepared anything to say, she didn't know what to do, paralyzed, she felt paralyzed. He sat down next to her, Hope thought he smelled amazing, that might seem odd but as a jug of Kool-Aid, he had a fruity smell that was pleasing to the senses of anyone who ad the pleasure of walking near him. She had to say something. Hope turned to face him.

         "hey  is your offer for a date sill available because if it is I would really like to cash that in please" she spoke quickly and in one breath, if she didn't pause when she spoke she had no chance to talk herself out of it.

         "pardon me?" asked The Kool-Aid man, he sounded almost offended, but not quite, there was still a sense of hope for Hope in his voice. Silence ensued. "I mean- you were really rude the other day, I don't kn-", he was cut off, in her eye hope pleaded for forgiveness she knew what she had said n how she said it was horrible, she wanted to prove that she was better now.

        "Please, I know that I definitely was not kind, but I'm so sorry, I wanted to fit in with my friends but when I told them I liked you they abandoned me. Those people aren't who I belong to be with, I'm not saying I belong with you because that is moving very fast and I want to respect boundaries, but I for sue belong here more than there, please forgive me Kool-Aid man." She stared at him, waiting for his response, what felt like an eternity passed, with every second that he simply stared back at her, she felt as though her heart began to shatter a little more

       "Okay, yeah, let's go on a date" he replied with a child like giggle in his voice. Hope was ecstatic, and yet, she felt completely at peace. through the window in the library her old friends caught their hug, and after seeing how they snickered, how they laughed, how they obviously didn't want her to be happy, she knew she had made the correct choice, she knew that she deserved better than them, and now, she got it.

THE END/LA FIN