c h a p t e r / t w o

HI BEST FRIENDS!

thank u so very much for all the love on chapter one! i'm so excited that sour has officially begun & it's only gonna get better from hereeee ;)

n e way i hope u love this chapter!!! it's not like anything I've written before with a totally new setting but i'm very happy with the way it turned out :) ok enough out of me go read!!!

ENJOYOYOYOYOY -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

My eyes open at 7 o'clock sharp the next morning, the sound of my alarm almost enough to make me pick up my phone and throw it right out the window. I stay in bed for a few extra minutes with my hands over my face to shield it from the early morning light, completely pained by the fact that I'll be at school in just over an hour.

"If I tell dad that I miraculously developed some crazy disease overnight, will you vouch for me?" I ask Fiadh, reaching an arm above my head to pet her from her spot at the top of my pillow. Her lack of participation in the conversation is the only answer I need in order to know that there's no way I'm getting out of this today.

I eventually force myself to get up and take another minute to stretch my tired body, yawning harder than I think I ever have in my entire life. I know it's only been like, four months, but it feels like it's been forever since the last time I set foot in a school. I quickly make my bed, flattening my blankets and placing Jackie right where the belongs between my two pillows. Fi crawls down my blankets and makes herself comfortable at the end of my bed, right where the warm sun will hit her through the window.

Memories from last night flood my brain as I do this, wondering what kind of things I'm going to be hearing about myself and JJ once I get to school. Although, maybe it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it was and no one will be talking about it. But come to think of it, there was probably a hundred kids watching us last night, and our school really isn't that big. Or maybe it was all just some nightmare and none of it actually happened. That would be nice.

I find that I can't drag my mind away from JJ all morning, my head overloading itself with what-ifs and the worst possible outcomes from last night. I have no idea where he went after he left the boneyard, or even if he's okay right now. I should have made sure he got somewhere safely, even though things got a little violent. What if he walked away hurt? It was too hard to tell in the darkness, and I know it wouldn't technically be my fault, but I'll feel so shitty if he shows up at school with a black eye or something.

Knowing that I'll never be ready on time if I keep thinking this way, I grab my phone from my bedside table and connect it to my speaker to turn on some quiet music, not caring what song plays but just needing some sort of noise so I don't fall back asleep standing up. I slide open my closet doors and take a few minutes to find something cute to wear, and eventually pull together an outfit that I lay out on my bed to get a better look.

I throw on a cropped, light pink t-shirt with a white hibiscus flower in the center and a pair of light wash denim shorts. Before dad and I moved to the Outer Banks, there was never a year that the weather was warm enough for me to wear shorts on the first day of school, so this is totally new to me. To no one's surprise, I grab my red high tops from the floor where I left them last night and sit on the edge of my bed to put them on. I grab my phone after hearing it buzz several times in a row and turn it on to see a few texts from my friends.

boys go to jupiter 🚀

sarah cameron <3  •  7:29 AM
GOOD MORNIGN I ALMOST FELL BACJ ASLEEP
this is already so not fun i miss summer
how's ur morning going !