c h a p t e r / t h r e e

HELLOOOOOO BFFS

thank u SOOO SO SO MUCH for 2.5k reads on the story!! forever grateful that so many of u are still loving itttt <33

n e wayy this chapter is definitely way shorter than the last but still totally worth the read i promise ;)) HAPPY READING LOVE U SO MUCH

ENJOYOYOYOYO -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

It's been just about two painfully long weeks since school started, and things are still as miserable as they were on the first day. JJ seems to have reconnected a bit with John B though, the bond the two boys have clearly unbreakable. I'm not upset about it in any way. If anything, I'm actually glad that the two of them are talking again, cause they've both begun to seem a lot happier. I know JB was having a pretty rough time with not really being able to spend time with him, and I'm sure JJ's glad to have his best friend back.

I still haven't really talked to J since all the shit went down at the kegger, but as awkward as it may sound, we haven't necessarily been avoiding each other anymore. We've crossed paths at school several times and smiled at each other in class, but things just still aren't the same.

I've been trying to formulate a plan in my head for how to talk to him, cause I feel like if he really wanted to reach out to me, he would've done it by now. But then again, JJ Maybank is easily the world's biggest chicken when it comes to stuff like this, so maybe he's still freaking out about it as much as I am. I also feel like maybe I shouldn't be the one to initiate a conversation since he's really the one to blame for our hiatus. Well, I guess it's all Rafe's fault if you trace the events far back enough, but hopefully I'll never have anything to do with him ever again. I just really, really miss JJ, and I don't know how much longer I can wait for him to say something.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

j j

The fact that it's already been two weeks since school started serves as nothing more than a reminder of how much longer it's been that I've been sitting on the opposite side of every classroom than all of my friends. Two more weeks and I still haven't said a single word to any of them. Two more weeks and I still haven't build up the courage to talk to Brielle.

It seems like things are starting to get a little less awkward between me and Brielle, but it's still so far from normal. Every plan I come up with in my head sounds good at first, but I immediately doubt whether or not she would last more than a second without wanting to run away from me. I guess maybe she wouldn't mind though, cause we've stopped avoiding each other at all costs, but I just cannot fuck this up again.

One good thing that has come out of the past few weeks though, is that John B and I have sort of started to hang out with each other again. We were both out for a surf at the same time one night recently, and he pretty much just came over and started talking to me like usual. I did find it a little weird, I won't lie, cause ever since we met Brielle he's always been pretty protective over her, and it almost seemed like he wanted me dead that day at the Chateau. But to be honest, I think we just both missed each other so I chose not to ask questions, and we've been spending some time together every few nights at the beach or his place, and it's been really nice to have a friend again.

I know I probably could if I just asked, but I haven't been spending the night at the Chateau, just hanging there for a while after a surf or something. I'm still crashing at my dad's house, which I know is probably a terrible idea, but I've sort of figured out what times are safest for me to get in and out without encountering him, and so far it's working. I'm just still a little scared to like, be back in everyone's lives, so I'm still trying to keep my distance until I know I'm actually welcome. I missed my bedroom anyway, so I've liked being able to sleep here, but there's another room that I'd much rather be hanging out in right now. Hopefully soon, if I can manage to get my shit together.