1. Lake Falls

❝ Your life is worth more to me than my own and to save you I would lay down my life.❞

We're moving again

We're moving again.

Every time I get comfortable in whatever town we move to something happens where Mom panics and decides to move somewhere else.

I just turned eighteen. And for some reason, I feel strange. I still don't understand it. My Mom and my brother had a small party for my birthday and I loved every bit of it. My brother and mother are all I have. Yesterday Matt and I were at the supermarket, where she came to meet us. When she did she saw a strange pale-faced looking guy and lost her cool. She made us leave forgetting the groceries when we got home. She started packing.

" We're leaving. "

Mom says.

" Why? Who was that man and why are you so scared of him? "

I asked.

Mom doesn't answer instead she looks at me angrily and yells

" Pack your things now Ever!! "

Doing as my mother asked I packed some clothes quickly into a bag. When I was done Mom hurried both me and Matt out of the house.

" Mom what's going on? "

I asked

She doesn't answer instead she yelled at me some more.

" Just get in the car Ever! "

I did what I was told even though I didn't understand it. Mom takes out her cell and she calls someone.

" Chase it's me, they found us. "

She says into the phone. She turns the phone on the loudspeaker, she then puts the phone her the cell phone holder. She then starts the car and drives off.

" Mom seriously, what's going on? "

I asked again.

She looks at me and sighs. She then speaks into the phone.

" Chase say hi to our daughter. "

I looked at my Mom confused.

" Who's he? "

I asked unable to hold in my question. Mom kept her eyes on the road and says,

" He's your father. "

I looked at my Mom in disbelief.

" Hey sweetheart I know everything is confusing right now, and it's not how I wanted it to be. I'll explain everything when you get here. "

I listen to the man my Mom just called my father and I couldn't stop my tears. For years I asked Mom who my father is and she never said anything, and now she is taking all of us to him. I don't answer. Instead, I just let my mood take over.