Chapter 4

" Close your eyes, take a deep breath and focus on the sound of the nature."

Lizzie and Freya had a ritual. Every time Lizzie was forced to face a situation that would possibly bring her to the height of stress, or had an episode, she isolate herself with Freya at Mary's cabin. Just the two of them, alone, away from the problems, working to clear Lizzie's mind of the bad stuff.

" Isolate the small problems, the ones you can identify and focus on the faceless ones. The ones you know are there, but you don't know why."

Lizzie wasn't a bad person, her mind was just...broken. At least that was how she used to describe herself. Elijah hated   when she used those words, but it was how she saw herself. As a broken person, with a broken mind, with a potential to be bad. If not, why her parents would send her away to live with other people? It's been a while since Lizzie though about this, two years ago, after her last episode, Lizzie decided that she would not let the feelings of rejection and guilt about her parents absence, and the almost lack of contact with Josie consume her and destroy everything she build in New Orleans. So she scaled up her efforts along with Elijah and Freya to put her mind in place. But now, with a month to go before Hope and her began their new journey in the Salvatore School, feelings that she tough it was forgotten hit her all in once.

"Tell me what you see."

"Fire, a lot fire. Screams, people screaming. Josie, and a men."

" A men? What men?"

"I don't know, he keep saying the same word "untouchable". I don't like this, I'm feeling like if I am drowning, I'm angry. And the fire it's getting stronger."

"What you want do with those feelings?"

"I want kill it."

"Do it! Kill all the bad feelings inside, find your save place and burn it."

They spent almost six hours on this. One of the reasons why Caroline choose the Mikaelson family to take care of Lizzie, it was because she knew that her daughter would be welcome there, and most important? She knew Klaus and his siblings very well to know that if anyone could help Lizzie to deal with her mind and her magic, were they. And she was right, but what she didn't knew at the time it's that Lizzie was important to help her family to put some pieces in place too.

"Aunt Freya?"

Lizzie was the first to broke the silence after six hours of meditation and hypnosis.

"Yeah sweetie?"

"Do you think I'm broken?"

Freya kept her look fixed on Lizzie for a few seconds. She knew her niece felt that way, but she never actually heard her say those words.

"Elijah hate when you use those words."

Lizzie let out a small smile.

"Elijah hate a lot of things. Punk/ Rock, Starbucks, film adaptations of classic books."

Freya could not contain her laughter.

"Sometimes I think you know him better them Nicklaus. But don't tell him I told you this."

"You didn't answer my question."

Freya took a deep breath and looked Lizzie in the eyes.

"I think, that you have feelings and thoughts as any normal teenage witch, and that can be hard to reconcile with your powers. And sometimes you don't know what to do with them, just like any other adult. Just like anyone in our family."

"Yeah, but our family doesn't have those episodes."

"Neither you. Not in two years."

"Yeah, but just because you and Elijah helped me to keep my mind in place."