‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ The World of Night ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The world was spinning around you. There was air whizzing past your head. Were you falling? You must be. You were spinning too fast. But there was nothing you could see that would help with the falling, or even the feeling of spinning. No vantage point. All you felt was the spinning, spinning, spinning, until.

There was an impact. 

You cried out as your body hit something hard. The shock of suddenly stopping stunned you, and your arms and legs feel paralyzed. It was too dark to see anything, but you can certainly feel some kind of ground below you. Everything seemed to be still as you tried to gather your thoughts quickly. There seemed to be buzzing all around you, the soft rustle of leaves, the slight pitter-patter of tiny bugs around you. After awhile of lying down, you tried pushing your hand against the ground to push yourself up, but the pain from falling immediately sent shockwaves up your arm, causing you to fall down again.

'Okay, take deep breaths. Come on...you can do it. Breathe...'

Your thoughts seemed to make a cut through the pain that was felt all over your body, and you somehow managed to get yourself up. Though you were still sitting on the ground and your upper body was stinging, you were alive. You were able to move. And that was what mattered. You stretched out your arms out to your sides and behind yourself and, eventually, felt something behind you. The surface cooled your heated palm and, though it was smooth and hard, seemed like you could punch it and it would crack. Almost like a shell. But it certainly wasn't alive. 

You blinked a few times and turned your head slightly to either side of you, observing your surroundings. Beyond the large stalks that were similar to the shell you were leaning against, you could see dim lights that reminded you of your world. Neon mushrooms that glowed white, purple, pink, and blue. But they were ever so dim, as the stalks seemed to cover a lot of it. 

"Where...is this place...? Am I...underground...?" 

You looked up at the sky, something you had not gotten the opportunity to do, and your eyes widened. Millions of what seems to be stars glittered above you, more than you can count. Even more than the clearest countryside sky. It was nighttime, as far as you can tell, and the stars were vibrant in color, closer than what you usually would see. 

"Woah..."

The sky made you feel small. And all you could see was stars. At least, for a little while.

Until there was a rustling of movement to your right. Bigger than the harmless scuttling that you heard. Your head swung to the right, bracing yourself for what was coming. You were too vulnerable to properly get up, but you decided to try and inch yourself away from the source. 

The rustling got closer. And closer. And louder. The rustling was consistent, as though the figure behind it had one pair of feet to walk on.

They were so close. Right there, behind one of the large, thick, shell-stalks. 

Until...