.・゜-: ✧ :- To Call A Home -: ✧ :-゜・.

As much as everything in the room intrigued you greatly, you looked over to the top left, where another entryway was. The entryway was much higher this time around and a little smaller. You could see a dim light within, but nothing more. It was almost as if it was pitch black. If there wasn't a bedroom up there, then what even was there? You decided you would go explore up there. You grabbed a few of the goods that were on the tray and put them in your mouth before leaving, with the same sweet taste that you recognized from the fruits you were given earlier. Additionally, your body feels more rejuvenated than usual, with less aches. It seems like those fruits might be the main source of sustenance in the region, as well as having a healing potent. 

You wrapped a few more of the pastries in a cloth that was laying on the table and decided you would wander up to the left. Now that you were approaching the platforms, you could see how difficult it would be for you to climb up them. However, you decided you would manage. In order to climb up, you had to jump to each step, all the while maintaining your balance on each one. Thankfully, the platforms were wide enough for you and you adjusted quickly. Every time you jumped onto one, there was a quite chiming sound.

'They really are crystals...'  You thought to yourself. You still weren't sure if any of this was real.

As you reached the top, you were pretty winded and had to sit down on the very top step, right before the door. You looked down at the chair you were previously sitting on and decided quickly that you needed to look away, the height of around sixteen feet making your head spin. Instead, you looked up at the array of lanterns, close enough for you to touch. You reached out to one of them and poked it, causing the mushrooms inside to bounce into each other. 

After that small distraction, you finally remembered what you were here for and stood up, your strength coming back to you. Now looking at it, it seemed to fit you more than the other entryways that completely towered over you. For this doorway, you had to bow slightly to get inside. While entering, a sense of nostalgia hit you out of nowhere. You have yet to see anything in this room, and yet you feel as though you knew this place from before. 

The only portion of the room that was visible was the farthest back corner, lit up by a small necklace. At first, the necklace seemed to be made out of gems and crystals like almost everything else in the household. However, while slowly approaching it, you realize that it was actually made out of something similar to the tree stalks. The chain had intertwining 'leaves' with a diamond centerpiece. The centerpiece was just as smooth as the stalks, but this time it had a warmth to it. You picked it up and turned it back and forth, observing it from every angle, and found that there was a perfect crack that went all around it, showing that it could be opened. However, no matter how much you push and tug at it, it wouldn't budge, almost as if it was invincible. 

As your attention was focused on the locket, you didn't notice that Bryxel was coming up from behind you. You only recognized that they had come in when a slight wind of warm air blew in from the entryway.

"Human...how did you find this place?" Bryxel asked softly, crawling in. When they were inside, they had to sit down on the ground in order to fit into the space. 

You turned around to face them, holding the locket in your hands still. "I...saw this door. And I went to it."

"...you saw the steps?"

"Yeah. They're clearly visible. They look like the ones that you used to get to the other room." 

They paused for a moment before explaining, "I...had put an invisibility barrier on these things. No one should have been able to see it."

You were silent for a moment as Bryxel's eyes moved towards the locket in your hands. 

"...not only that, you were drawn to that locket..."

You kept on being silent, immediately on edge. You couldn't read Bryxel's expression anymore, as their eyes were focused on the locket. However, this didn't last, as they looked back up towards you with a soft look on their face. 

"Would you like to live in this room, instead?"

"Huh?"

"I was going to create a secret space in my own room for you, as I was certain you would never find out about this room. But...if you would like, you may use this place as your own space."

They went outside for a moment before coming back with a tiny mushroom lantern. As soon as the lantern entered the room, everything inside was completely visible to you. The room mimicked a garden of some kind, with different plants that you are not familiar with in different environments. The containers that they were in had different kinds of soil, none of it matching up with the ground that you had seen in the beginning while traveling with Bryxel. However, the plants only made up a quarter of the room's space, leaving the rest of it to you.

"It is a bit empty, but I can very well move all your things to here. You can help me take care of these plants, as well."

Your eyes widened. "Really...? Are you sure?"

They smiled. "Of course. There does not seem to be a way for you to get back to your own home at the moment, if you fell from above. However, I can at least protect you and teach you of this world. You do not possess the abilities of others around here, after all."

You smiled back, feeling delighted at your new circumstances. "Thank you...for doing all of this for me."

You shifted back and forth, though, looking towards Bryxel. They stared back in return, an uncertainty filling the room. Before you can act, however, Bryxel crawled over to you and sat down in front of you. They then picked you up and put you in their lap, patting your head. 

"Here is your first lesson about Nexels. We convey not through words too much, but with our actions. Your thanks is like this." 

They took both your hands into theirs and interlocked them together, then put their forehead on yours, closing their eyes. You didn't know what to do for a minute, but stayed silent and mimicked their actions, closing your eyes too. For a few seconds, you two sat there together, before Bryxel pulled away.

"This is our thanks. For those who are closer to us, we hold longer. However, those who we just met only need a few seconds. You now have thanked me, and I feel appreciated."

They set you back on your feet before they crawled back. "I see you have also eaten some of your food. That is good before you sleep. I will bring your bed and things for you before you do. Please familiarize yourself with this environment." 

They had left the room, seemingly going to do as they said they would. You looked around at the room you were in, then looked down at the locket before putting it on. It fit very well around you. There are still some things that you can do before Bryxel comes and sets up your room. 

Your move?