chapter twenty two

ella

I throw on the old Hawks hoodie that Alex gives me to wear, and hop on my bed next to him. We spend a while catching up until Alex leaves for practice. After he leaves, I start scrolling through Instagram and come across Sadie's post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

liked by you, morganraeandersen, and 1,386 otherssadieross: so there's this boy

sadieross: so there's this boy...
👤tagged: cconway96
~comments~
morganraeandersen: MY BABIES
abanks99: online official i see @cconway96
———cconway96: get used to it bud
guygermaine00: yeah cap! @cconway96
———cconway96: why thank you
theavermeister: who did charlie pay to take this
———goldbergthegoalieofficial: ^^🤔
———cconway96: i'm gonna kill you both
dean21portman: attaboy!!! @cconway96
———cconway96: 😎😎
ella.walker: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
———sadieross: HAHAH LOVE YOU
conniemoreau_: AWWW SO HAPPY FOR YOU
julesgaffney: so so cute!!
~view 243 more~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I of course, knew that they started dating. Charlie asked her out on Sunday, the day after the showdown. Sadie hasn't said anything about it though, due to Charlie's request. I'm assuming he's comfortable with it now, which is a good thing. They're so cute together, and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops.

I swipe out of Instagram and ask my mom to take me back to campus, since it's Halloweekend. She agrees and tells me when her and my dad will be home, since they're at my brother's baseball game. I take that time to pack my bag, which is definitely hard to do with my crutches.

After I finish packing, I pick up where I left off on Gilmore Girls before Alex came over. I honestly think I'm on my fifth or sixth rewatch by now, I'm so addicted to it.

My parents come home around three-thirty, and I make my way downstairs and into the car. I try to act as normal as possible, and I don't think they suspect anything. My house is only a ten minute drive to campus, so I don't have much time to talk to my mom other than getting filled in on Tyler's game.