The Game

Samuel's P.O.V.

Damn her. Fuck her and her money.

He slammed the car door and brought out his briefcase.  His gateman rushed to his side to collect the briefcase but he brushed him aside, storming into the house.

 Who the heck does she think she saw offering to pay his debt to become his Mrs.? 

He shrugged off the suit he was wearing.  He hated wearing a suit but because the meeting was important, he dressed appropriately. He knew the owner of  Makinde group of companies was a woman, but he never expected her to be that young and also rude. 

The only reason he had been late was that he took Racheal to school.  She hated it when the maids take her to school, and he was trying to avoid her annoyance just to meet another annoying woman.

To heck with the partnership.  To heck with Makinde group of companies.  In fact. To heck with Lola Makinde.

The ringing of his phone brought him out of his thought.  He brought out his phone and stared at the caller's name.  Junior Boy.  He picked it.

"Hello, guy." 

He heard a chuckled, "Hello, ore.  Wetin happen?  I hear say you go Makinde headquarters, hope the partnership was a success?"

Samuel couldn't help but hiss.  He had spent hours awake to find a way for her to accept the partnership but all that was vain now, "I don't want to talk about it."

"Why?"

 He snapped "Just because I don't want to talk about it.  Is there supposed to be a reason for me making my choice?"

Junior tsked, then laughed. "Oh! I remember that the bloggers said the owner is rude.  Did she do anything to make you angry?"

Of course, she did something to make him angry but who was he to react that way in front of her.  He could only voice his annoyance to himself and if he was being honest with himself.  It wasn't her fault he was at the brink of bankruptcy.  It was all his fault.

 "What could that small woman do to me?  I am just not in the mood to talk."  He hung the phone before Junior could say another thing. 

He only came home to rest from the headache that had involuntarily gathered on his forehead since he heard her proposal. And he was certain that there was no way he could rest with the debt looming and the only way he thought he could pay it had started to shake.  

 "Mimi..." He shouted.

 He waited for the response of the maid, but there was no response.

 "Tola..."

 The same reaction.

 He decided not to shout their names the second time and sauntered towards the kitchen.  His head felt heavy, and the thought of his wife had also brought back a lot of memories he preferred to remain buried forever.

 Damn the woman and her silly questions

 The kitchen was neat as expected but the ladies were not there.  They ought to be home preparing Racheal's Lunch.  He was sure they would be somewhere within the premises.  He opened the refrigerator, took cold bottled water and gulped it all at once.  From where he was standing, he threw the empty plastic into the bin.  He still hadn't lost his touch.  He smiled.

 "Welcome, Oga" the voice behind him made him turn.  A lady that looks like she was in her early twenties stood before and almost kneel down.  

He turned the attention back to the refrigerator trying to find anything to eat before heading to the office. "Where is Mimi?"