3. thanks for the memories

Then
-y/n
The night after the first day at U.A left you in a hurricane of mixed feelings.

You sat at your desk, spinning in your chair, letting your hand lightly graze the notebook each time you came close to it.

You wanted to read it, but at the same time you wanted to burn it.

It was a gift from Izuku back in your first year of junior high. He had the same notebook but times ten, one he used to document everything about any hero he came across.

He even had one for you. He admitted that little secret to you after you broke up with Katsuki for him.

There was a small knock on your door, followed by his voice. "Y/n?" He sounded nervous. When the two of you met up to go home earlier, he had first ran into Katsuki who was storming off, and aggressively pushed right by him.

Soon after that he found you sitting on the floor in front of the lockers with your knees pulled tightly to your chest.

"Come in." You sighed, but smiled at your timid brother as he slowly entered your room.

He doesn't come in here much, you prefer going to his room so you can tease him about his All Might collection.

His eyes scanned the room, first landing on your desk-bunk bed contraption. At one time it had been two beds, the bottom for your brother, but once you two got older you kicked him out and rebuilt the bed to suit you better.

You smiled as you watched him analyze your decorations, he really did that with everything. He quickly scanned your wall lined with bookcases and the white butterflying curtains that still surrounded your windows.

He was so unintentionally nosy and attentive.

"What brings you to the bat cave?" You asked with a grin, spinning around once more.

"I just wanted to check on you." He hummed, walking over to the fluffy bean bag that was shoved against your closet doors.

"Check on me? Why so?" You snorted as he let himself sink into the bag.

His brows furrowed. "Because of Kacchan." Your little games always frustrated him when he was trying to be serious.

You rolled your eyes. "That boy doesn't bother me one bit." You scoffed at the simple mention of his name.

He looked at you disbelievingly. "Oh yeah?" He hummed, nodding to the notebook your hand was caressing once more. "Then why's that out?"

Flustered, you quickly picked it up and tossed it into the trash can under your desk like that would prove anything. "Gone." You stuck your tongue out at him.

He sighed, adjusting himself so he was sitting forward more, staring at you while he rested his arms on top of his knees.

"What?" You snapped, not liking the way he was looking at you. He always seemed so certain that he knew what you were thinking. You hated when people acted like they understood you so simply.

"Do you ever regret it?" He asked.

You weren't expecting that question.

It seemed ridiculous at first that he would even ask that, but sometimes you had your doubts. Everything Katsuki has done to your brother since the three of you met when you were younger than four years old has been completely unacceptable. The fact that both of them lied to you about the bullying was an even harder pill to swallow.

Thinking about those words he spoke to him so nastily, made the vision of it come to life in your mind.

It was traumatizing.