7. this side of paradise

Then
-y/n
"What's it like studying so close beside All Might?!"

"Uh—I'm actually needed in the nurses office, I'm sorry."

"What's it like learning from All Might?"

You stopped dead in your tracks, narrowing your eyes and glaring back at the reporter. "You should take a step back."

The woman stiffened and ran off to another student to ask questions to. You sighed in relief, luckily you could still summon that evil stare you had picked up from Katsuki.

You admired journalism as a career, but you loathed reporters. It made sense that All Might stepping back and raising the next generation of heroes would be a big news story, but that didn't mean you wanted to be apart of it.

Fame was a piece of being a hero, you knew that, especially if you wanted to make a living off it. But that didn't mean you were ready for any of that now, nor were you mooching off All Might's success.

You snickered to yourself, that was your brother's role in life.

***
"There's so many kids in here!"

"This rice is really tasty."

"I cannot believe you were elected class president." You laughed as you are your own rice.

Izuku stiffened. "Me either, it feels wrong." He muttered.

You patted his shoulder. "Don't stress about it, I believe in you."

"I'm just worried if I can actually be president or not." He shivered.

"You can." The girl before him, who's name was Uraraka, grinned.

"Midoriya, you have grit and you're decisive! Which is why I feel confident about voting for you." Iida beamed.

"You got more votes than me, though it's not hard to beat zero." You playfully punched your brother in the arm.

You didn't care much about being class president, that was to much responsibility that you had no time to take one. There was already so much to do with making sure your mother was okay, helping her with dinner, schoolwork, training, yeah no. President wasn't for you.

Kamanari and Kirishima had felt awful about not voting for you.

"We're so sorry Midoriya-Chan!" Kamanari held his hands together like a prayer. "We should've voted for you."

"We're sure your leadership could've been manly." Kirishima clenched his fist and winced.

They were quite the handful.

You were enjoying your time in class with them, you would have sat with them if they hadn't sat with him before you entered the cafeteria.

"The way you talk Iida...are you a rich kid?" Uraraka beamed at the idea.

"You can't just ask things like that!" You shrieked.

"Yes. Mine is a very renowned hero family. And I am the second son."

Seriously. Who talks like that?

"Have you heard of the turbo hero Ingenium?"

Is that really a question? The second anyone mentioned the name of a hero, famous or new, your brother had enough information on them to go on a blabber-filled rant.

You told him it was stalker behavior, he countered that it was research.

They continued boasting about his family and heroes when a presence was suddenly behind you.