chapter 5

Rindou and Ran were doing business when suddenly Sanzu tagged along.

"Why are you here, you dumbass?" Because he had been hitting the man nonstop, the blood had splattered everywhere, including on his face and suit.

"Don't be like that, Ran. I bumped onto Y/n earlier, so I asked her what happened. If you really love her, you won't say those words to her. She's acting like a cold and heartless woman, but trust me. She cared for you. You keep hurting her, "said Sanzu as he put his katana out of his bag and pointed it at the neck of the man who was kneeling on the floor. His mouth was covered with duck tape.

"You should go and talk to her," he added before slashing the man's neck, making the blood splatter through his suit and face.

Ran replied, "Shut up. I don't need your advice."

"I'll take my leave now, Rindou," said Ran before leaving the two.

Ran knocked on the door many times before he pushed the door open and let himself get inside the house.

"Raise your hand," an emotionless voice greeted him.

"Y/n"Instead of raising his hands, he approached you and hugged you tight, not minding if you were going to shoot him with the gun in your hand.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"Do you think I can accept that sorry of yours?" You pushed the man away from you.

"Keep your distance. I'm not going to fall over your words. " You added that your eyes did not change a bit. It's still an emotionless drop dead-eyed as if you don't have any emotions nor feelings.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for saying those words to you. Sorry for flirting with other girls. Sorry for everything I've done... I'm sorry. Once again, Ran pleaded.

You know that side of him.Ran grew up without his parents.Their parents were always busy, as if they did not have children waiting for them to go home.

Ran was the man who stood up as a father to his younger brother, Rindou. Even though they are rich, they are still looking for the love of their parents.
He met you when you were just six, while he was 13.
He's always at your grandmother's shrine with his younger brother, Rindou. They sometimes visited the shrine with a lot of bruises and got jailed twice. You and your grandmother were the only two who visited them.

"Good to know that you finally realized your mistakes. I hope you won't do it again." After that, you left him to get back to your room.

After a half hour of preparing, you get back to the sala and see Ran sleeping peacefully.

"He's so careless," you muttered, looking at his sleeping figure. thinking about his suits with blood splattered on them.

You sit on the sofa. You sit in front of where Ran was sleeping and decide to wait for him to wake up, but a few minutes later, you get bored and fall asleep without noticing it.

You open your eyes and see Ran still sleeping, so you get back to your room to get his suit that you keep every time he spends the night in your house.

"I thought you were going to sleep until tomorrow," you said when you returned to the sala and saw Ran holding your most prized possession, a picture frame.It's the only thing that your older sister left.She was brutally killed by someone, and the case was closed for an unknown reason.

"She looks familiar, this is my first time seeing this frame," Ran said, trying to recall a time when he saw the woman you're with.

"She's my sister. She got raped, tortured, and killed." You replied, making him look at you.

"I'm sorry," he said, and put back the frame on the top of the chimney.

"Here, go wash yourself before changing your suit," you said, changing the topic.

You don't want to recall the past anymore, but you can still remember the face of your sister. The face that you can't forget and will be buried in your memories.

You already gave up trying to find out who's the culprit because of the death threats that your grandmother received years ago. You don't want them to get involved, so you just gave up the case.