Restful

Soft sand clung to the boys' feet as they walked peacefully down the long beach. Kirishima was holding Bakugou's hand tightly, swinging it with each step. The evening breeze rushed over them, sending a shiver down the blond's spine. Kirishima pulled him closer and put his arm around Bakugou, trying to keep him warm. It wasn't winter, but the grumpy boy was sensitive.

They continued to stroll down the beach until they came to a small secluded bay. The red head sat down on a rock and dragged Bakugou down onto his lap. He tried to protest but Kirishima just pulled him closer. They stared out into the sunset and watched as the waves drew closer, each sparkling as the sun hit it. 

The two sat in silence, enjoying the quietness and the beauty of the world, without disturbances or work. Bakugou sighed and leaned back into his boyfriend's arms. 'Thanks for today,' he said quietly. He felt the other boy nod gently and rest his chin on Bakugou's shoulder. 'Thankyou Katsuki.' he replied lovingly into Bakugou's ear.

Bakugou still felt a bit nervous in moments like these and he could feel a blush creep up his cheeks. But he had learned to appreciate small intimacies like this. When Kirishima gave him small gifts like flowers or clothes, it was cringey but he couldn't help loving it. Sometimes he would return the favour by cooking a nice dinner for the two or spontaneously grabbing Kirishima's hand. 

The past few days had been really stressful for the two. They had been making all the hard decisions at work: where to go and what was more important. Villains really knew how to get in your mind these days. Kirishima had acknowledged how stressed they were and offered a trip. Bakugou never appeared enthusiastic about these things but he did appreciate them. 

The sun was setting much faster now and the two could now make out stars that were quickly appearing like someone had thrown glitter on the sky. The waves dragged down the sand, exposing shells and seaweed. Darkness cloaked them and lamps started lighting up around them. Bakugou buried himself further into Kirishima's arms, breathing out as the cold air hit him.

'Are you cold? Wanna go home?' the red head asked caringly. Bakugou shook his head. 'Just a little longer.' they sat in the noble night, the beach clear of people, the sea awake. Kirishima rubbed Bakugou's arms to try and warm him. There were no seagulls squawking or people chattering, the only noise accompanying them was the wash of the waves and their own breathing.

The blond rose from Kirishima's lap and tugged him up. 'Home?' the shark boy asked, holding Bakugou's hand gently and rubbing small circles on his palm. 'Mhm,' was all the other boy answered. They walked back up the beach and climbed the stairs to where their car was parked. Kirishima got into the driver's seat and started the car after Bakugou got in beside him. 'Do you feel better?' he asked kindly. Bakugou had a scowl on his face but nodded in response. Kirishima could tell he was far more relaxed than earlier. 

They drove along the roads, now busy with young people, enjoying the freedom of youth. Vibrant signs lit the streets and people laughed while walking down the empty pavements. Kirishima left Bakugou in silence, knowing it was the best way he could rest. The red head could be loud and obnoxious again after they both had a good rest. 

He pulled the car into their apartment's parking area, and stopped it neatly in between the white lines. They walked up to their door and Kirishima unlocked it. The house was cold, quiet and dark, giving off the same feeling you got when you came home after a long holiday. Bakugou plopped down on the couch and felt the other boy sink in beside him. 

They hadn't had dinner yet but Kirishima reckoned neither of them were feeling hungry at the moment so he turned on the news and snuggled into Bakugou's side. The tv's light flickered on the walls casting shadows as the living room lights were still off. 

There were no headlines on the news and it seemed Tokyo had a peaceful day. Bakugou and Kirishima sat and stared as the news played, not really paying attention but using it to block the quiet. Bakugou suddenly grabbed the remote and turned off the tv. Kirishima stared. 'Too boring. Bed.' was all Bakugou said as he stood up. The blond spoke simpler and with shorter sentences when he was tired, this was one of his many little traits Kirishima had found of his over the years.

Kirishima let Bakugou shower first and then left him to read while he took his own. Kirishima looked up as he let water run down his face. To anyone else it might appear that their relationship is tense or awkward, but Kirishima knew what Bakugou needed. He knew Bakugou prefered loud people when he himself was energetic, he knew that Bakugou also liked a quiet at home movie date over a night out. He knew that Bakugou only let his guard down around Kirishma, and the red head took pride in that. Kirishima would do anything to make sure Bakugou was happy and comfortable.

Kirishima walked out of the en suite bathroom to find his lover asleep, book still in hand. He smiled fondly at his boyfriend and walked up to him, prying the book out of his grasp and placing it on the bed side table. Kirishima then finished getting ready for bed and climbed in next to Bakugou. Turning off the light, he wrapped his arms around the blond and held him tightly. 'Night Baby,' he whispered, slowly dozing off himself.