03

Me and Gia walked into class 10 minutes late, even though we had got here on time. But to our surprise, there was no teacher. Gia whispered to me "this is weird, why isn't Mrs Smith here?" I grabbed her arm "Gia we are in the middle of the room, everyone is staring, let's just sit down." She nodded, I went and sat between Coco and the new boy, Gia sat in-front of me.
I was just about to pull my phone out when Mrs Smith ran into the room with a giant confetti cannon, it exploded all over the room and everybody jumped up and ran to me. "SURPRISE" everyone shouted. I was shocked, people actually made a big deal that I was back? "You really think we wouldn't have done anything for you coming back after a whole year?" Coco said, it was like she read my mind.

Mrs Smith walked up to us, "Y/n, we've missed you, we decided that as today is your first day back you and the whole class have no lessons and instead we are having a huge party in the assembly hall for you" I almost started crying, everyone had done this for me? This must have took so long to plan, and a full day with no lessons? For the whole class, they must really care.
While the teacher was getting the whole class together so we could walk down to the assembly hall, the new boy walked up to me, "Hey, you're Y/n right?" He said, "oh yeah hey! I don't think we've met before?" I could feel my face heating up, Coco was right, he was super hot. "No we haven't, I'm Ashtray, the new boy but everyone calls me ash" I nodded my head "Ashtray?" I asked. "Oh uh yeah, it's sort o-" I cut him off."cool name! I've never heard it before, but I'm gonna go get in line, bye ash!" I walked to the front of the line and turned back to see that he was still looking at me, oh no I hope he didn't notice me going red, that would be so embarrassing.