Chapter 4

At once Gandalf stopped clapping. He furrowed his brows before he spoke, "Jade, Jasper! How great to see you again, trying to scare me again I see!". The Twins didn't even glance at each other before speaking in perfect sync. "Gandalf, you bring dwarves and a hobbit unknown to us into our forest?" Their tone and faces were completely void of expression. The said party looked at each other in fear as the Twins were in sync, tall and looked tough enough to actually kill a dragon. Gandalf looked at them sheepishly before defending himself " well, I've said that I would help them on a quest that might go smother if you two would come along..." Jade spoke up first "Seeming as these are Dwarves that include Thorin- King under the mountain..." From there Jasper spoke up "We can only assume you are on a quest to reclaim their homeland" Then both Twins spoke together "and are in need of our assistance to help slay Smaug the terrible. Are we correct in our assumptions?" The party looked at the twins in shock wondering if their quest was so transparent before Gandalf spoke again. "Indeed it has, though it surprises me that you would guess as such just by a glance at us?" the Twins looked at each other before nodding to each other as Jasper spook up "You are not the only one who have heard whispers of the quiet snores of the dragon, darkness is creeping to the mountain with forces you are not aware nor ready for." Jade spoke once again "The forest which was once filled with such color is beginning to fade, evil that does not venture such distance is seeking housing in the forests here and else where. You are not alone as you would think Gandalf." Speaking in sync again the Twins spoke "We will help you, for we do not wish for eternal darkness, though we ourselves are dark as well. Though our pets will be following us from a far Gandalf for we will not leave and face Smaug without them." Nodding Gandalf excepted their terms. with a smirk the twins faced the company.

"Then let us bring you to our home for a nights rest out of the eyes of the predators. " With a sigh the company readied themselves for a long and difficult journey only to watch Jade pull a vine down and a set of stairs landed to the ground to led into the tops of the trees. Jasper spoke up widening his smirk before speaking "If we do not let you use the short cut we would be traveling days for a half hour journey normally." . Gandalf was embarrassed as the dwarves looked at him in outrage that he did not show them the easier path right away but not even Gandalf knew of the secret pathway that the twins had made. With uncertainty the company made their way up the ladder and began their way to the Twins house in the Old Forest.

 As the company made their way, they were surprised at the fast phase of the twins which was actually the Twins going fairly slow as their was no obstacles to over come like on the ground they usually travel. With the twins only 100 feet ahead they stopped and looked at each other having a silent conversation with each other making the rest of the Company to watch them and ponder what was happening. Having reached a decision of some sorts the Twins nodded to each other before Jade jumped off the side of the bridge, the company losing sight of her instantly with the dense trees. Jasper turns towards the company and spoke "We need to gather our things scattered across the forest, Gandalf will lead you further for he knows the general direction. My Sister and I would like one more race to our home before we leave on this journey. We shall depart before we will greet again." before they could even protest Jasper also threw himself higher into the trees before running through the forest on the tree tops.

----------------------------------------------------

Hows this so far wise Lil Owls?